2018 BF Knife Poll 5.301 - Materials Battle Royale

Which handle material for the 2018 BF Knife?

• Ironwood

Votes: 137 38.8%
  • Elk

Votes: 179 50.7%
  • Burlap Micarta

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I notice that there are no pins, not even a center pin. Are the forum knives going to be built this way as well? A skeleton with the covers simply glued on? I remember when a forum knife prospect was required to be fully pinned like the old traditional knives were, with center pins and cover pins. Times sure have changed.

Eric

I would hope that the pinned on covers vote will be a no brainer, but since I have heard no mention of Buck pinning shields I fear they may have to be glued if we go with a shield at all that is.
I’m curious, has Buck pinned any shields in recent years or are they exclusively glued on like(I’m kind of assuming) modern Case knives? If Buck can not or will not pin their shields that would be good information to have before we go on to the shield option vote.

I would hope that the pinned on covers vote will be a no brainer, but since I have heard no mention of Buck pinning shields I fear they may have to be glued if we go with a shield at all that is.
I’m curious, has Buck pinned any shields in recent years or are they exclusively glued on like(I’m kind of assuming) modern Case knives? If Buck can not or will not pin their shields that would be good information to have before we go on to the shield option vote.
I'm sure the Custom Shop (who will be building our knives) has the ability to pin the shield** if that is what we choose.

** Provided the shield chosen can be pinned.
Some shield designs are not conducive to pinning, due to size or style.

Good point, the shield no shield, pins no pins could be done in this week.

Then, WE'RE OFF!!:D:cool:

'roadkill' antler.. probably wont be far off from what they actually take elk stag from.

Sorry fellas, the stag grosses me out, and I'm out altogether.
All stag grosses you out, or this stag in particular? To each his own, but stag has been used on traditional knives for hundreds of years.

Now, on to:
Pins, YES!
Shield: Maybe.

Back