2018 Forum Knife -- First Step in the Ordering Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the rules are designed around keeping people from buying and flipping. Low post count usually is someone who is only active in the exchange or joined just to buy a knife at some point or another.

The limit to 2 knives is interesting to me as I know some people were thinking of buying several for friends or family since the price is pretty good for what we're getting. But, knife flippers could buy a bunch and mess up the intent of the forum knife. Like many rules, they were created because a few dumbies messed it up for the rest of us.[/QUOTE

I swear to God I am not a flipper. I have given knives to my children and my wife. Possibly when I was younger to my brothers and maybe a friend. The only things I flip are burgers and pancakes.
Some years ago, when I was buying Christmas toys for my children (I have six), I had an unpleasant experience with flippers. Sometimes a particular toy was THE toy to get that year (e.g., the Spider-Man Web Blasters). I discovered that part of the reason these toys were scarce is because a number of people were showing up Toys'r'Us, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., to buy up the stock so they could take them back to their little shop and sell at a SIGNIFICANT mark-up. It was the only way I could obtain a toy one year. I do not like flippers.
Just so you know.

The thing you all missed out on this year was the chance to name this year's knife as a tribute to Derrick Bohn. Would have been a classy move.

Looks to me like you qualify with no issue. My issue is with your last comment. If you had a great interest in the knife and complete process, you would remember the pages of discussion on this “tribute” stuff and why it was a rabbit hole full of muck, which is exactly the reason we, the regular Traditional contributing members, didn’t go there.

Last edited:
I'm in for one. Thanks for all the hard work folks, especially you Steve, the polls were great!

Eric

Just a thought, but at over 260 posts so far, if people ONLY bought 1 that seems like it has to be close to the limit already, if everyone bought two, well, you can do the math ;) cuz I can't lol
G2

I think a lot did not post or vote in the polls but were waiting or just found out about this folder and we're seeing a surge of interest.

I swear to God I am not a flipper. I have given knives to my children and my wife. Possibly when I was younger to my brothers and maybe a friend. The only things I flip are burgers and pancakes.
Some years ago, when I was buying Christmas toys for my children (I have six), I had an unpleasant experience with flippers. Sometimes a particular toy was THE toy to get that year (e.g., the Spider-Man Web Blasters). I discovered that part of the reason these toys were scarce is because a number of people were showing up Toys'r'Us, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., to buy up the stock so they could take them back to their little shop and sell at a SIGNIFICANT mark-up. It was the only way I could obtain a toy one year. I do not like flippers.
Just so you know.
The criteria separates the riffraff from the elite. I welcome you to the riffraff :) I never liked fraternities anyway. Us riffraff are more laid back and enjoy life, flirt with babes, ride motorcycles, drink beer and stuff. I've already bought two SK knives as a direct result of the fine folks of this forum. They're both great. I'm sure this one will be great too, but there are plenty of other knives to collect. Saved me a 100 bucks. Thanks!
What counts as a "flipper" anyway? I have 3, rare, nib Benchmades I'm probably going to sell eventually. I've only owned them 18 years. Does this make me a flipper?

This is not a discussion thread. It is a tool which is part of the ordering process.
The only posts that should be in this thread are, "I'm In."

If you have a question, about eligibility, talk to Gary or I outside this thread. As I posted above, we are not trying to make this a clique. We are taking steps to avoid flippers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back