• Satin

Votes: 229 75.6%
  • Polished

Votes: 74 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both polished and satin GEC's and I like the satin better. The polish does take a patina, but it doesn't look as good once patina starts on the polished blade vs. my satin ones. Easy choice for me. Unlike the end cap poll, which I am about 50/50 on anyway.

I'm going satin as a default, which leaves me the option to polish just the bevel for contrast in case I decide that would look cool.

Then it wouldn't be satin??
I think he is referring to just the top portion of the blade. That is how Northwoods rustic blades are finished, with the top portion having the heat scale and the rest having a satin finish. Like this one...

CghLx6g.jpg

I think he is referring to just the top portion of the blade. That is how Northwoods rustic blades are finished, with the top portion having the heat scale and the rest having a satin finish. Like this one...

CghLx6g.jpg
Oh, I do like that!:thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the reason that so many seem to prefer satin finish? Is it this particular ‘work’ knife? I keep hearing that phrase around this knife.... seems like most here want ‘tough, dark, not shiny at all’ for this particular knife. Bling is my thing and I usually associate the Northfield brand with that. I guess I just don’t get it.

Personally, if I’m strictly collecting, it would be polished, hands down. For carrying and using, it’s Satin, all day long. I also like the uniqueness of the Northfield Trim without the polish. I also wish there was no etch on the blade. No right or wrong. Just personal taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back