• Cocobolo

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Che Chen

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking for myself, I could have gone with Che Chen or Osage here. Otherwise, it's majority rules.

If you listen to fools...The Mob Rules. Sorry, in a Black Sabbath mood. At least this vote went my way (sort of - AB was my backup). It was a pleasure messing with you ornery but strangely endearing curmudgeons, sitting back and enjoying a nice old-fashioned. Looking forward to doing this next...
Wait, what about that lanyard hole poll? [Lacing on the gloves]

If you listen to fools...The Mob Rules. Sorry, in a Black Sabbath mood. At least this vote went my way (sort of - AB was my backup). It was a pleasure messing with you ornery but strangely endearing curmudgeons, sitting back and enjoying a nice old-fashioned. Looking forward to doing this next...
Wait, what about that lanyard hole poll? [Lacing on the gloves]
There will be no polls for lanyard or notch... both would require additional tooling that is not on the table. I'm afraid our gloves have no more use... till next year!

Can't recall where I found this pic, maybe from an old auction listing.... Regardless, it's an original N'field. Sans pen blade, it looks real close to what our next forum knife is shaping up to be.
yA4ZTpj.jpg

Sidebar here, but I couldn't resist. Great knife, but I cringe whenever I see something like this. The blades have been buffed recently, that is not an original crocus finish. They also destroyed the etch. You can see where the etch was because the etching process takes away a small depth off the surface, leaving a very small depression where it was. I have seen much worse buffing jobs, at least they didn't round off the transition to the swedge very much. But that doesn't change the fact that where there should have been a patina there is a fake shine. A lot of sellers on the bay do this because bright shiny objects seem to draw people.

There will be no polls for lanyard or notch... both would require additional tooling that is not on the table. I'm afraid our gloves have no more use... till next year!
When you say this, all I hear Brushed Bolster & Shield poll! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back