Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a “summer person.” I’m ~150 miles S of Canada so I don't get as serious a summer as many people, but I still dislike hot/humid weather and I’m always happy to see October get here. This year I’m especially happy to see 10/1 get here, because we’re now into the fourth quarter of this year and that means production of the forum knife will be starting soon and delivery won’t be too far behind that. Like hundreds of others here, I’m really looking forward to these things happening. This forum knife will be my first trad knife, so I’m starting into trads with a distinctive first and I’m looking forward to having it in hand.

I’m not a “summer person.” I’m ~150 miles S of Canada so I don't get as serious a summer as many people, but I still dislike hot/humid weather and I’m always happy to see October get here. This year I’m especially happy to see 10/1 get here, because we’re now into the fourth quarter of this year and that means production of the forum knife will be starting soon and delivery won’t be too far behind that. Like hundreds of others here, I’m really looking forward to these things happening. This forum knife will be my first trad knife, so I’m starting into trads with a distinctive first and I’m looking forward to having it in hand.

Welcome aboard stumpy 72. I think you'll find Traditionals (The Porch) a fine place to shoot the crap on all "Traditional" things sharp and pointy. ;)

The Northfield 29’s are coming in production. I should have one in hand in a few days. That means the 86’s are next. I’m hoping our Blade Forums Knife is the first of the 86’s and we will get the PPP stamp.

Alright, I've been holding off asking whether I'm in for two seeing as everyone that has asked has been answered in the affirmative...
But now I'm getting a little itchy.;)

The Northfield 29’s are coming in production. I should have one in hand in a few days. That means the 86’s are next. I’m hoping our Blade Forums Knife is the first of the 86’s and we will get the PPP stamp.
What is the PPP stamp? My understanding is that GEC will not start making the knife until they are paid. To my knowledge, the pay request has not been made yet. So, what is the time table for the last quarter?

Added: Just checked, the Forum knife is on the production schedule after the Oil Field Jack which is listed as in production now.

Last edited:
Since I'm paranoid now, if it's not too much trouble to confirm my order, could you Peregrin Peregrin check my order even though I know. I put in for two.

What is the PPP stamp? My understanding is that GEC will not start making the knife until they are paid. To my knowledge, the pay request has not been made yet. So, what is the time table for the last quarter?

Added: Just checked, the Forum knife is on the production schedule after the Oil Field Jack which is listed as in production now.
The Blade Forums #86 is listed before all the other 86's on the production schedule, so I assume that means it will be produced first. Whenever GEC premieres a pattern they will put a stamp on the pile side of the main blade which shows that these were the first of this pattern to be made. PPP stands for Pattern Production Premiere.

Here is an example. The Blade Forums Knife for 2014 was premiere of the #77 pattern.
00fSUet.jpg

I would like to purchase “one” of the 2019 Bladeforums knife. Single Blade, Blackwood scales. Please advise where to pay if one is available? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back