Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this fit in my watch pocket next to the #15 sheepsfoot (with African Blackwood or is it ebony?) in my avatar?

;)

Quote from ordering thread:
Once we have a firm price and the order site is ready, we’ll send each person on the list a link via PM to a page on Mike’s web site. (Supermods can send PMs to registered users, so as long as you do not have PMs turned off in your user center, we can send you the link.) Do not share the link. Anyone that needs it can get it from Gary or me.

I dont see any PM options on my User Center. :eek:

Once we have a firm price and the order site is ready, we’ll send each person on the list a link via PM to a page on Mike’s web site. (Supermods can send PMs to registered users, so as long as you do not have PMs turned off in your user center, we can send you the link.) Do not share the link. Anyone that needs it can get it from Gary or me.

Frank was able to send out links, via PM, to regular users last year. We have no reason to think that has changed.

Also, when the order thread has closed and all links have been sent out, we'll be asking for anyone who did not get the link to contact us.

I don't recall anyone missing out last year, due to problems with the order process.

Frank was able to send out links, via PM, to regular users last year. We have no reason to think that has changed.

Also, when the order thread has closed and all links have been sent out, we'll be asking for anyone who did not get the link to contact us.

I don't recall anyone missing out last year, due to problems with the order process.

Thank You.

This being my first BF knife, I'm a bit nervous regarding the process. :)

All this information sure helps! :thumbsup:

I would like to say I'm in for 1 in the order thread, but what is the actual blade length?

Under "privacy", you can control who can start a conversation with you.
(Sorry, I still use the terminology from the old software. I used that a lot longer than we have used the current system.)

Last edited:
I would like to say I'm in for 1 in the order thread, but what is the actual blade length?

I had asked when I was putting the announcement post together. But we have not been given a specified blade length by GEC.
Mike's best guess was that with a closed length of ~3 7/8", a blade length of 3 1/4" is likely.

I'm curious if anyone knows how many forum knives have been produced each year? Based on the "reserve yours now" thread it looks like this year will be well over 300, but is that a lot?

Last year's order was for 474 knives. I think I remember a previous year may have exceeded 500. Those were the top two if I'm not mistaken.

The year that Charlie did a double run of Barlows, his and ours at the same time, the total number was 500. But we didn't sell 500 forum knives.
As far as I can remember, last year's order of 474 was the largest order of Forum knives.

Do you think we will know how much they cost before the order thread is closed?

I tried to expand the size of the mock up so the handle was about 3-7/8, and the blade looked to be right at 3", with 2.75" sharp. Don't know if that's accurate or not, but it was my going in estimate.

Do you think we will know how much they cost before the order thread is closed?

We won't close the thread, nor will the selling site open, before we have a price on the knife.

The cost per knife GEC charges varies with quantity. One price level for 50 knives. Lower if it's 150, etc. So we need a rough estimate of the number we are ordering in order for them to tell us the cost per knife. When we know, you will know.

Do we know what, if anything, will be stamped on the other side of the tang from the Bladeforums stamp?

As of post 276 in the buy thread, I think we are up to just over 380 -- is it known whether making it to 400 would make a difference in the unit price? If so, some folks might up their order to 2 knives, or even 3 if allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back