Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they are farther along. Shouldn't take more than a week to finish where there at now, then another week for logistics. Should be in our hands before the 25th.

I'm sure they are farther along. Shouldn't take more than a week to finish where there at now, then another week for logistics. Should be in our hands before the 25th.
The newish pictures for the knife definitely suggest progress for a change. The problem I see is that the acrylic and Sambar Stag ones appear to be a head of the forum knife. The acrylic ones appear to be about finished. We'll see on the shipping to Collector Knives and our eventual receipt of the forum knife. I had thought mid-December at the end of November, but that may be optimistic at this point in terms of delivery.

I am gonna be doin this to mine

7LyQBKe.jpg

Not entirely out of spite and bitterness! Oh no. Its due to CITES. After cocobolo got added to the list in 2018 I am taking it more seriously, so blackwood is off the list for me as it is a listed timber and I do not know if GEC’s timber is CITES certified.

(AFAIK you US buyers are ok as you are not importing.)

Anyone know if GEC is looking to only use CITES certified timber in future?

PS if anyone can recommend a good modder to do work pls drop me a PM.

Last edited:
The newish pictures for the knife definitely suggest progress for a change. The problem I see is that the acrylic and Sambar Stag ones appear to be a head of the forum knife. The acrylic ones appear to be about finished. We'll see on the shipping to Collector Knives and our eventual receipt of the forum knife. I had thought mid-December at the end of November, but that may be optimistic at this point in terms of delivery.
A dealer today said their Tortoise will be shipping to customers tomorrow so they must have them or be getting them in the next day.

Progress...….
IMG_0810-1.jpg

Grand proportions:thumbsup: I was worried that the shield would be too small, as in the 82 Stockman but that looks right and it's not centre either which for this shield is good.

I don't have a problem in admitting when I'm wrong, but failure to sign up for this was a mistake on my part :(

End-Caps ??? An abomination that chops off good jigging, wood or stag:eek: Barehead is always best :D

I am gonna be doin this to mine

7LyQBKe.jpg

Not entirely out of spite and bitterness! Oh no. Its due to CITES. After cocobolo got added to the list in 2018 I am taking it more seriously, so blackwood is off the list for me as it is a listed timber and I do not know if GEC’s timber is CITES certified.

(AFAIK you US buyers are ok as you are not importing.)

Anyone know if GEC is looking to only use CITES certified timber in future?

PS if anyone can recommend a good modder to do work pls drop me a PM.
Are you planning to have the blackwood replaced with a different wood before it's sent on to you? I still like the look of that banner shield.

You could call GEC and ask about their timber sourcing policies. It might not matter to everyone, but it's nice to have more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back