Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted to thank @meako and the GEC crew for the wonderful tube art and text.:cool::thumbsup:

Normally I don’t pay much attention to knife packaging, they’re tools after all - but I really love all the elements on this tube.

It really elevates the knife itself, like Pertinux and Charlie’s whimsical blurbs on the Waynorth SFOs.:)

When I show off the knife to people, I give them the tube to read and look at as well.:cool:

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Thank you again Noah!

PrnWXod.jpg

Updated family photo.

CLNLK3R.jpg

I did see one blade with a little play going back; we there any others?

I don't know Mike. I think GEC did a great job but a couple voiced a concern or two about rough covers and maybe a strand of wood pulled away from a cover but to my way of thinking, that's just a given with some woods.

Egads!! The dang blades even slice Spam.

Thanks for your efforts on these knives Mike.

I cleaned and oiled #85 Bade Forum knife. I did not notice any problems with it. I am too busy carrying my Allegheny #97 maroon micarta , Oil Creek #93 , and my Oily Creek #86. I do neglect my other knives from lack of carry . I live in humidity SC , so I over oil my guns and knives just to be safe.

I don't know Mike. I think GEC did a great job but a couple voiced a concern or two about rough covers and maybe a strand of wood pulled away from a cover but to my way of thinking, that's just a given with some woods.

Egads!! The dang blades even slice Spam.

Thanks for your efforts on these knives Mike.
Mine was one of the ones with a rough spot. A little 2000 grit and elbow grease has solved the issue. Satisfied customer here.

I had a lot of fun participating in the voting for this year's Forum knife, but decided not to pull the trigger on ordering one. I don't regret it, but I am so pleased to see how well they turned out, and how much everyone seems to be enjoying them. Thanks to Mike ( knifeswapper knifeswapper ) and our moderators Gary and Frank (@Peregrin and knarfeng knarfeng ) for their generous efforts to make this happen for yet another year.

Alright, I’ve been ill so I haven’t said much about the forum knife this year. Of course I got one.

A good friend on the forum offered to get me one this year and I gotta say how grateful I was but fortunately the Mrs was able set the money aside so I could score one.

It’s not always easy to enjoy unboxing a new/different knife. Many folks only get 1 new knife a year if they’re lucky or some are even lucky enough to have friends who think of them often and provide them with opportunities to unbox new and different knives.:) I’m lucky enough I happen to fall into the latter group and am grateful for the friends I have, especially the ones who allow me to vicariously enjoy knives I normally would never try for myself or couldn’t readily afford to just try.

Thanks to the many who enable me to enjoy a higher level of knife use and ownership I truly appreciate it. Anyway s as I often do, I went off topic, lost my track/ train of thought. My point was the Mrs made sure I had a knife this year but I just wanted to thank a friend here who told me he’d get me one. Thanks I really appreciated the offer and completely forgot about it till she asked me if my knife came yet.

Well it sure did as many of you already aware :) and what a knife it is. I was impressed with the example I received and I’ll do a more in depth review of the knife a little later on. For now just some more pictures till I can put together my own thread on the knife.

So for now, the TL;DR version...

Some quick pics for the forum knife picture junkies out there. ;)

Here it is with its time and button.

UYFL6GIh.jpg

This is the box I’ve been keeping my Forum knives in. Until this year I’ve been able to keep them all in there. This’ll be the last year though as I can keep the current knife in my pocket and fit the 13 previous years in it but after this, no more.

fyV47Loh.jpg

NYY9P1kh.jpg

No proud spots on the back spring open or closed.

KNcihyGh.jpg

The tip of the blade sits comfortably below the liners.
aV4xt0Th.jpg

The blade is perfectly centered.

fdrMaTmh.jpg

Besides, look how knice it looks when displayed with the rest of its family. ;).

AFxE4vRh.jpg

The display case was garbage picked and cleaned up alter I found it in a friend’s trash one Sunday night, he Still doesn’t know I have it. :D

Keep your eyes peeled for an update to the History of the Traditional Forum’s Annual Knife thread I started a few years back. I’ll be revamping, updating and adding newer and more pictures.

Hope everyone had a good holiday, I missed all you fine Forum folks. :).

Last edited:
Welcome back Ted!! I'm sorry to hear you have been ill, and hope you are doing OK now!!?? Nice post on the Forum knife, and the mentions and pics of those past!
I thought I'd put in a picture of my 2012, the Wharncliffe trapper!! A useful and good-looking assemblage of blades IMO!
What'll we do this year?? I'm surprised no-one has started that thread yet!! And here we are in January!!:eek:
:D
BF 2012 A.jpg

Welcome back Ted!! I'm sorry to hear you have been ill, and hope you are doing OK now!!?? Nice post on the Forum knife, and the mentions and pics of those past!
I thought I'd put in a picture of my 2012, the Wharncliffe trapper!! A useful and good-looking assemblage of blades IMO!
What'll we do this year?? I'm surprised no-one has started that thread yet!! And here we are in January!!:eek:
:D
View attachment 1262758

the 2012 is one of my favorite knives. Perfect blade combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back