2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

I still haven't figured out the protocols for SFO's etc.... Say, for example, a company places an SFO, perhaps in calico jigged bone, and takes pre-orders for them. Once the pre-orders are "closed", when the knives drop, will there be any "extra" knives for the slow or unfortunate, or does that company take preorders for exactly the number of knives ordered?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I would like to have a calico bone knife, if any will be available... am I looking for "pie in the sky" ?

Your best bet is to reach out to the dealers as they all are unique in how they handle SFO's. To complicate things further each run can be unique depending on how well the run is on GEC's end. Meaning if they are short supplies or have a problem with a cover etc. I don't think it would be fair to say X dealer usually has extras or runs short as it varies related to what the final sellable production volume is. A lot of rambling, sum it up... if you want an SFO contact that dealer and they may or may not have extras posted later depending on sellable quantity shipped to them.

Thanks... that is what I suspected. It's not a huge deal, since I found the elderberry, but other covers are interesting, as well.

I bet you'll like the elderberry, I was surprised how handsome it was when I unwrapped my 82.

Funny, often I like covers enough to 'talk myself into' a pattern and kind of regret spending the $$ later. This time I think I'd really find the pattern useful, but for some reason the covers don't really interest me (?!). Who knows, maybe I'll finally see what I think of a micarta folder, I like it well enough on fixed blade scales... ;-)

I bet you'll like the elderberry, I was surprised how handsome it was when I unwrapped my 82.

Funny, often I like covers enough to 'talk myself into' a pattern and kind of regret spending the $$ later. This time I think I'd really find the pattern useful, but for some reason the covers don't really interest me (?!). Who knows, maybe I'll finally see what I think of a micarta folder, I like it well enough on fixed blade scales... ;-)

I am pretty sure I'll really like the elderberry, as well. The pics I've seen of them are what convinced me I wanted that color. But it doesn't hurt to have "options".... :D

Here is my understanding - the highest quantity a dealer can order for an SFO is 500 pieces. If you use the recent 77 SFO for CK as an example, there were 4 cover choices offered which means that there are approximately 125 of each cover type. Those get reserved/pre-ordered almost immediately so there are no extras that are going to show up on the CK website. However there are some dealers who order SFOs and do not take pre-orders so once those drop the free for all begins until they are all gone. If I am wrong someone will correct me. I hope this helps at least a bit.
And the lowest amount the dealers seem to be able to order for an SFO is 100. Most likely this TSA SFO will be around 100 examples, but I don’t have any real information about that.

Well, how is it???
I just opened it for photos and packed it up. So I opened it up and inspected and handled it in order to give you a response, even though I’m not as articulate as many here. First, it’s a looker with the curves and the way the jimping is sequentially indented. The indentation make the jigging beautiful. It is comfortable, whether you choke up, or hold further back, yet it feels smooth. The pull is is about a five. Easy to open, but not necessarily pinchable. Good walk and talk but not a gator snap. The open to half stop, fully open or close is not as light as some of 97s or the NW Madison Barlow. It simply does it smoothly. The knife has heft. The blades covers my needs. The spear will take care of harder tasks. The coping blade is perfect for delicate operations.

I can’t wait for someone to explain better than I can. I got the knife not even knowing if I will like it, only to discover that I love it.

I just opened it for photos and packed it up. So I opened it up and inspected and handled it in order to give you a response, even though I’m not as articulate as many here. First, it’s a looker with the curves and the way the jimping is sequentially indented. The indentation make the jigging beautiful. It is comfortable, whether you choke up, or hold further back, yet it feels smooth. The pull is is about a five. Easy to open, but not necessarily pinchable. Good walk and talk but not a gator snap. The open to half stop, fully open or close is not as light as some of 97s or the NW Madison Barlow. It simply does it smoothly. The knife has heft. The blades covers my needs. The spear will take care of harder tasks. The coping blade is perfect for delicate operations.

I can’t wait for someone to explain better than I can. I got the knife not even knowing if I will like it, only to discover that I love it.

That sounds pretty dang articulate to me. I am excited about receiving mine... even more so, now.

Was the Calico 92 a reservation/pre-order?...dang, I must have missed that
yes.... their production schedule lists it as an SFO for a certain vendor. I don't know if they are on the approved list, or not, so i won't risk saying their name out loud.... only in hushed whispers, at night, with the lights off... :D Just think "airport security"....

yes.... their production schedule lists it as an SFO for a certain vendor. I don't know if they are on the approved list, or not, so i won't risk saying their name out loud.... only in hushed whispers, at night, with the lights off... :D Just think "airport security"....
Ya, I saw that...sometimes I wish dealers would just do a drop instead a secret reservation, that only inside people know about.

EDIT: After reading deeper, I realized that I missed the reservation window back in July...my bad

Last edited:
If I was smarter, I'd wait a few more weeks to take a photo like this, but I had to do it when I had them all out.

My top 2 favorite patterns...

Pn5yMd0.jpg

I guess Ryan likes a swell center! ;)

I contacted the dealer of the calico bone Eurekas about a week ago and was told they are all spoken for.

Back