2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

This has been discussed before. Opinions vary, but how would it be legal, or even ethical, for a manufacturer to dictate to a dealer how that dealer may and may not sell his product? Every dealer buys product from Great Eastern Cutlery, then puts a markup on it to arrive at the sale price. If the markup is too high, the market will correct that. If it is too low, then there is nothing wrong with asking the market what it will pay.
I think there is a big difference between retail and auction.
That's all I'm going to say on the subject, unless there is a discussion in an appropriate forum.

This has been discussed before. Opinions vary, but how would it be legal, or even ethical, for a manufacturer to dictate to a dealer how that dealer may and may not sell his product? Every dealer buys product from Great Eastern Cutlery, then puts a markup on it to arrive at the sale price. If the markup is too high, the market will correct that. If it is too low, then there is nothing wrong with asking the market what it will pay.

I tend to agree with this. These are not basic needs that are being priced beyond consumer ability to pay. These are luxury items, and the market is dictating that these can fetch a premium right now. Not much different in my eyes to buying a drink at a restaurant for the same price as the bottle of the same next door at the liquor store. Both places bought from the same manufacturer.

I don't have to agree with their business practices

I'm letting them know how I feel about that approach to selling knives.... I'm not buying from them. I don't imagine they will be upset at my decision, probably won't even notice... which doesn't change my decision at all.

I'm all for capitalism (until it hurts ME of course...:rolleyes: ) but this situation just reminds me too much of ticket scalpers.

Heck.... TPK sold out in under 12 minutes. Anybody know who has the elderberry still?

There is an online dealer that has some left (5 at the time of this post). I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. PM me if you are still looking for one.

Agree, looks like smooth autumn gold. I bet they call it something else. Rotten banana is yellow and black. This has more warm brown tones and zero bright yellow - thank goodness!

Pretty random coloring smooth autumn gold
img_4707-jpg.1197923

And these pictures look close to the next knife pic
IMG_9851-1.jpg

img_4708-jpg.1197924

85-Bullet-End-Jack-Smooth-Banana-Bone-455x270.png

Or
great-eastern-cutlery-gec-northfield_1_c2d3b56127f0d7eb7a6a3fba52e36985.jpg

Not that it matters to me in the end, just glad to be getting one.

I see yellow & brown - colors that seem to get used on a few GEC patterns to a few different degrees of mixture. Antique yellow, Autumn Gold, etc.

What I don't recall seeing before is camel bone being dyed with more than one color per knife. I can and do miss stuff, though, so...is this a first?

The original rotten banana bone was a mistake, wonder if this is what it looks like without the mistake.

There is an online dealer that has some left (5 at the time of this post). I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. PM me if you are still looking for one.
I finally got some msg deleted... sent you a PM....

Back