2019 Summer Kitchen Kith New deadline 02 November

Which profiles from the following do you prefer for the kith? Pick two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Profiles are posted in the reserved posts 3 and 4. #1 was the first kitchen knife I made back in 2012. I don’t do dropped handles anymore, so I modified the profile.

Last edited:
I'm in...... I'd like to do a Wa handle..... and give a general idea of cost of blade from JT.

Looking forward - this is going to be fun.

Ken H>

I’ll leave the profiles up for deciding until Friday, midnight. Then we can have JTknives program his fancy cutting machine :cool: and get some blanks ready. I’ll scan the profiles in case anyone needs one. I think either second or third week in September will be our deadline.

I like #1... are we voting, or are they all options?

I like 2 & 6 (1 & 5 are close seconds), but am good with whatever we end up with!

#6 is my personal knife in cru-wear, and 5a Koa handle. The grind is quite rough, as i’ve played with it a few times tweaking it. Needs a touch up on the edge, it’s been 1.5 years lol!

I'm thinking #2 also. If a poll were setup to vote on favorite might be easier to tell which is most favored..... OR, just let JT pick the models he wishes since he's providing the HT'd blades {g}

Something to think about is that 4 is the biggest knife there and it could be personalized more than the others.
How large is it?

Something to think about is that 4 is the biggest knife there and it could be personalized more than the others.
How large is it?

16 1/4”. Each square is 1/4”. #4 is for my camping set.

I like 3. I just prefer western handles. I need to make a pile of wa handles but I haven't gotten around to it. I do like that they use less steel. Those 11.5" pieces from AKS are pretty had to get a full size knife out of if you do western handles.

I like 3. I just prefer western handles. I need to make a pile of wa handles but I haven't gotten around to it. I do like that they use less steel. Those 11.5" pieces from AKS are pretty had to get a full size knife out of if you do western handles.

You need to do hidden tang for sure.

Back