Photos 2019 Traditional Blade Forum Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travman

Gold Member
Is it too early to start talking about the 2019 Tradtional Blade Forum Knife?

I would love to see us get the PPP for one of GEC’s new patterns such as the new 29 or 86. This could be similar our 2014 BF knife when the 77 Stag Jack was made. It was a beautiful knife and a great pattern which we were honored to receive the first ones.

What do you think? What would you like to see?

K9SwgbI.jpg

Uk6B0vK.jpg

Last edited:
The #29 is the one I've been looking forward to anyway, so I'd be very happy with it as the Forum Knife. The combo of clip/sheepfoot/punch is ideal. Maybe some sort of exclusive shield would make it special to the forum.

I'm always going to be in for a Forum Knife, and since I got what I wanted for 2018 I am happy to let other folks pick what they want (which is my way of saying that I will not be lobbying hard for a non-GEC and/or stainless option this year). I am always going to want a stainless Whaler, or Rope Knife w/marlin spike, but I don't think either of those is ever going to happen. So, whatever is clever is good for me.

That said, I think the most important thing is to find out if someone is willing to take lead on this. It is a big undertaking, and until someone steps up it is all just fantasizing. Hopefully someone will be willing to step up, because the forum knife process is my very favorite thing on the porch.

Do we know if the 29 is 3 spring or splitback? I like it, but want to know more about the punch.

I like the 86 too! I say a special shield of some kind for sure.

Is it too early to start talking about the 2019 Tradtional Blade Forum Knife?

I would love to see us get the PPP for one of GEC’s new patterns such as the new 29 or 86. This could be similar our 2014 BF knife when the 77 Stag Jack was made. It was a beautiful knife and a great pattern which we were honored to receive the first ones.

What do you think? What would you like to see?

K9SwgbI.jpg

Uk6B0vK.jpg

You are a brave man, stirring up these waters so soon... ;)

I would be happy with either and will be looking forward to the conversation when it officially happens. Perhaps there are other options on the horizon as well?

Something resembling a Fiddleback Babyboot or one of those John April pocket Lovless's. The year of the fixed blade is upon us.

waaiit a second!
has everyone got their 2018s yet?.
The storm is merely brewing and not yet at its height.

cut to long shot of Porchenberg Castle,dark of the moon,the village in the foreground is quietly sleeping.
A faint rumble of thunder is heard from the mountains and a brief flash of lightning silhouettes the branches of a gnarled dead tree. Perched in the topmost branch a ragged, battle scarred, starving Vulture briefly flaps its wing to shake off the rain,its luminous yellow eyes fixed hungrily on the peaceful village below.
From its plucked naked throat emits a harsh high pitched squawking sound almost an imitation of human language....."paaarrrcchh,..Paaooorrttcchh!!..."
It tucks its ugly beak beneath its wing once more as the faraway storm front passes into darkness once more.
All is quiet....for now.

waaiit a second!
has everyone got their 2018s yet?.
The storm is merely brewing and not yet at its height.

cut to long shot of Porchenberg Castle,dark of the moon,the village in the foreground is quietly sleeping.
A faint rumble of thunder is heard from the mountains and a brief flash of lightning silhouettes the branches of a gnarled dead tree. Perched in the topmost branch a ragged, battle scarred, starving Vulture briefly flaps its wing to shake off the rain,its luminous yellow eyes fixed hungrily on the peaceful village below.
From its plucked naked throat emits a harsh high pitched squawking sound almost an imitation of human language....."paaarrrcchh,..Paaooorrttcchh!!..."
It tucks its ugly beak beneath its wing once more as the faraway storm front passes into darkness once more.
All is quiet....for now.
Hahahaha:D:eek:

How about a barehead Case mini Coke Bottle in CV and amber jigged bone ?
They stopped making the pattern along time ago, and this could be the kick in the pants they need to bring it back from the Vault.

I think the #29 would be pretty great as a fancy cattle knife, with a slender spear main and sheepfoot at the large end, and a punch on the small end. Something like this Robt. Klaas from 1980, but with a punch instead of a pen.

YDCZLhU.jpg

If it is an option, I would absolutely vote for a GEC #29 as the 2019 forum knife.

I would not be opposed to a Fiddleback Bushboot either, but would it be cost-prohibitive? I don't recall seeing one on the market for less than $225.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel , I think GEC has a coke bottle in its 2019 lineup but it may be full sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back