2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

My Smooth White bone just arrived and couldn’t be happier ! Pins and shield are nestled in nicely. It’s a keeper and big thanks to Barry !!
RZ8yh62.jpg

Do the north field 19"s come with a pin?

I will be able to report once my Snakeskin arrives in a couple of days but out of the three Tidioutes I have so far, two of them came with a pin - one did not (White Bone).

I am not entirely certain what the method is to their pin distribution on this run.

I will be able to report once my Snakeskin arrives in a couple of days but out of the three Tidioutes I have so far, two of them came with a pin - one did not (White Bone).

I am not entirely certain what the method is to their pin distribution on this run.
Strange since my white bone came with a pin. Maybe it’s a random thing ?

Strange since my white bone came with a pin. Maybe it’s a random thing ?

It's entirely possible. I had thought that since I got two in a row with pins then that likely meant the whole run was coming with them. I seem to recall Mike making the observation that with these recent runs, if there were pins in some, then all of them had pins.

It isn't a huge deal to me. The pins get put in a drawer or left in the tube in most cases anyway.

It's entirely possible. I had thought that since I got two in a row with pins then that likely meant the whole run was coming with them. I seem to recall Mike making the observation that with these recent runs, if there were pins in some, then all of them had pins.

It isn't a huge deal to me. The pins get put in a drawer or left in the tube in most cases anyway.
I agree and that’s were my pins normally end up to lol. But I still pull them out periodically and do enjoy the ones I have.
It’s not a deal breaker but for some reason it puts a smile on my face when there’s one in the tube vs not guess it’s the kid in me.

As for pins, I think I've only ever got one in all the GECs I've had ;) really doesn't bother me as I don't know what to do with them anyway....not interested:D

Am interested in seeing the Snakeskin though so I can dream from afar :cool:

Northfield snakeskin went quick at TKC today. When all is said and done with the 19s, what's your guess as the one that will be bringing the most on the secondary market? The 'King Rattler' :D Just asking for fun, I have no scheme to corner the market...;)

Last edited:
Northfield snakeskin went quick at TKC today. When all is said and done with the 19s, what's your guess as the one that will be bringing the most on the secondary market? The 'Rattler King' :D Just asking for fun, I have no scheme to corner the market...;)
Probably the snakeskin acrylic or the stag. Blue bone and white bone after that, followed by Kingwood and micarta. The Northfield blades have that cool swedge and lack the snake etch... I really don't like that etch lol

There is a small GEC dealer that has Kingwood and acrylic snakewood #19 Rattler knives at the lowest price & free shipping. I spotted those knives at 1pm and they are still there. "TOP SECRET !" Seek and easily find ! I had to buy myself some leather suspenders , Today. All those knives in my pockets make my paints fall down.

Back