2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

That is an excellent Stag lineup, my friend.

I was compelled to bring my examples of the same pattern out and take a picture - (I realized after I uploaded that I captured the pile side of the 33 unintentionally. No matter, both sides are quite nice). One of the most endearing attributes of Stag is the wonderful variety that can be had. You have some excellent Stag!

pZ1ct6v.jpg
That’s a beautiful set! I noticed our Pembertons are different, you have a long pull. I think I like that better. :thumbsup:

I was compelled to bring my examples of the same pattern out and take a picture - (I realized after I uploaded that I captured the pile side of the 33 unintentionally. No matter, both sides are quite nice). One of the most endearing attributes of Stag is the wonderful variety that can be had. You have some excellent Stag!

pZ1ct6v.jpg
Some pretty nice Stag that you are showing Dylan .

Harry

thanks for the info. you are right i think its normal. my bad
HAGD

Not sure about this. My Stag is still lurking at Chicago airport, so it could be months (yes!) before I can examine it for 'catch-bit gap'. So, I dug out the 3 Conductors I've got from the 1st run. 2 stainless, 1 Tidioute, no gaps on them tight as a drum.

Whether it's general or not I don't know (starts looking maniacally at all his single-spring knives :D) but I'm sure it doesn't impact on the knife's W&T function.

pZ1ct6v.jpg

Extraordinary contrast in this photo Dylan - always the best!

Fyi, one of the dealers has some more stag in stock, I just noticed. Couple of nice ones in there. If you're willing to pay the extra cost of procurement, whatever that means... I was not.

Is that "Flipper Talk"???
I'm not sure what it means, they are online at one of the GEC dealers. There is a note saying "The price is more on this batch due to a higher cost of procurement.". That's all I know, I was just trying to be helpful in case somebody is still trying to find one.

the dealer in question made it clear they paid extra for this batch of 17 stag 33's because they purchased them from another authorized GEC dealer and not from the factory.

seems reasonable and logical to me. they paid more and so consumers will pay more. nothing improper going on. it was a 30 dollar increase.

the dealer in question made it clear they paid extra for this batch of 17 stag 33's because they purchased them from another authorized GEC dealer and not from the factory.

seems reasonable and logical to me. they paid more and so consumers will pay more. nothing improper going on. it was a 30 dollar increase.
Just for the record, because I fear my initial post was taken for more than it was...

I am not questioning the dealer, the knife, or the means by which they showed up at the site. I was very surprised to stumble across them in my aimless surfing, because when I tried to get one they disappeared in 30 seconds. I assumed they paid more for them, as stated, although I didn't research any further. I was not willing to pay the higher cost now. But they had some nice ones listed, so I wanted people on this forum to have a shot before they disappeared again.

No harm done...
I was just wondering what the situation was that caused a higher price.
I was kidding about the "Flipper Talk" comment, I obviously forgot the smiley. :D

I've seen the same line from the same dealer at least 2 or 3 times before. I won't pay the premium, but hey a product is worth what people are willing to pay.
I cant understand why the " other dealer" couldn't sell them, seems strange.

The stag knives are definitely quite nice, but I ended up selling mine as I just prefer the bone version.

Seems there are a few newer dealers that are acting like flippers. Two that i have seen. And a third that will never get my business. But I have to blame the flippers for making everyone a little more greedy. One dealer seems to mark everything up enough to cover the loss in shipping. In the good old days every dealer had the same price to the penny and free shipping. A few still operate that way and that is who i tend to buy from. Sure was a different ballgame back in 2009 when i bought my first GEC. A red stag 53 from one of the few remaining good guys--Knifeswapper. Even kind of miss his old blue website. I studied his website for what seemed like hours. Pages and pages of all different GEC's. pure knife heaven.

My second Stag finally got here on the Ninth day . On my first look at the Stag , I was not very pleased . Then when I was judging the Transitions of the Stag to the Bolsters , I realized that someone had to make a decision . They could have had Long Transitions or a big ledge . They decided to have Stag features run all the way to and under the Bolsters . It was their decision to make at the time and I accept and like that . At one time it was some very heavily featured Stag . I wanted this Second one to have as a choice between this one and the first one . This one has much nicer Stag . I have gone over this knife and I find nothing wrong with it . It is well made , smooth , snappy , no rubs , no scratches , and no gaps .

Harry

Last edited:
My second Stag finally got here on the Ninth day . On my first look at the Stag , I was not very pleased . Then when I was judging the Transitions of the Stag to the Bolsters , I realized that someone had to make a decision . They could have had Long Transitions or a big ledge . They decided to have Stag features run all the way to and under the Bolsters . It was their decision to make at the time and I accept and like that . At one time it was some very heavily featured Stag . I wanted this Second one to have as a choice between this one and the first one . These one has much nicer Stag . I have gone over this knife and I find nothing wrong with it . It is well made , smooth , snappy , no rubs , no scratches , and no gaps .

Harry

It's like the old Doctor slapping bottoms in the delivery room....... Sometimes you gotta go with whatever is handed to you....... I think the young Lad did a nice job on your knife..........

My second Stag finally got here on the Ninth day . On my first look at the Stag , I was not very pleased . Then when I was judging the Transitions of the Stag to the Bolsters , I realized that someone had to make a decision . They could have had Long Transitions or a big ledge . They decided to have Stag features run all the way to and under the Bolsters . It was their decision to make at the time and I accept and like that . At one time it was some very heavily featured Stag . I wanted this Second one to have as a choice between this one and the first one . These one has much nicer Stag . I have gone over this knife and I find nothing wrong with it . It is well made , smooth , snappy , no rubs , no scratches , and no gaps .

Harry
Both covers look good, but that is some VERY unique and interesting stag on the mark side. I really like it!

Back