2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

That is the coolest and most unique stag I've seen.
I know most will say it's too plain, but it really is handsome.

Thanks! I was really drawn to it when I saw it. I don't typically care for stag but this "cleaner" version appeals to me. I guess I would have flipped out for a smooth white bone #33.:cool:

The pile side also only has one line of texture but it's a bit wider and towards the center of the cover.

Thanks! I was really drawn to it when I saw it. I don't typically care for stag but this "cleaner" version appeals to me. I guess I would have flipped out for a smooth white bone #33.:cool:

The pile side also only has one line of texture but it's a bit wider and towards the center of the cover.
I agree... that is really nice looking stag... if you have the chance, a pic of the pile side beside the pic of the mark side would be cool...

And, if Case had done their half whittler CV knife with no shield, you would have had something to fulfill your desire for a smooth white bone... the case "natural bone" is a pretty nice knife... just slightly smaller than the GEC. Somewhere back in this thread, someone posted a pic of the two knives side by side.

edit... page 19, post 378

I agree... that is really nice looking stag... if you have the chance, a pic of the pile side beside the pic of the mark side would be cool...

And, if Case had done their half whittler CV knife with no shield, you would have had something to fulfill your desire for a smooth white bone... the case "natural bone" is a pretty nice knife... just slightly smaller than the GEC. Somewhere back in this thread, someone posted a pic of the two knives side by side.

Pardon the crummy photo, having a hard time with the glare ...
ugI8gcc.jpg

The Case Natural Bone have definitely caught my eye. I've come close to buying the mini trapper and mini copperhead on more than one occasion.

ugI8gcc.jpg

The Case Natural Bone have definitely caught my eye. I've come close to buying the mini trapper and mini copperhead on more than one occasion.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: That is a great looking knife. I like that a lot....

I have both on the way, the GEC i have coming is also a smoother stag although i have not seen it. I selected the case in ss, i like the shield better, sits flush with the smooth white bone. You have a good weekend.

ugI8gcc.jpg

Bite the bullet and get yourself both, you deserve it.:p I really like your knife, hope the one i have coming is as good as yours.

Thanks, hornetguy. The other side is even smoother and less featured than the mark side. The colours match very well and the two together have a slight hourglass profile, as opposed to a fatty. It's not the prettiest stag I could have got, but it's not bad.
vA0XpCZ.jpg

6ZzHitH.jpg

o9AXq63.jpg
There is no bad Stag . Some is just better than others .

Harry

I realize the Conductors are becoming old news with the Beer & Sausage knife hitting the shelves, but I'm really glad I ended up getting both of these. I initially decided to sit this run out so I didn't sign up for any early reserves - I feel pretty lucky to have gotten one of each.
z0jKCvW.jpg
That Stag is certainly Unique my friend .

Harry

Last edited:
Reactions: AnW

I finally had a chance to look up the Case half whittler in natural bone. That's a nice looking knife, I'm definitely adding that to my list. I even kind of like the shield. Thanks for the heads up.

I missed this run. Hopefully there will be another or I can pick one up on the exchange :(

I finally had a chance to look up the Case half whittler in natural bone. That's a nice looking knife, I'm definitely adding that to my list. I even kind of like the shield. Thanks for the heads up.
You'll get yours before me, want full report.:)

Reactions: AnW
Thanks, cudgee.
3 months!! That's a long wait. Let's hope it doesn't take that long.
Just got an update, was shipped by the retailer on September 3rd, it is still in America at a processing facility, gunna be a long wait. And nervous one. Thirteen days and has not left the country of origin yet. :eek:

Back