2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Turns out the 8 Brown Jigged Acrylic 33’s listed on the 2020 Production list were actually brown jigged bone.
BQBdXjm.jpg

GEC likes to have a little fun and tease us with misinformation haha. Love that jigging!
I asked Joan Mae about this discrepancy. She said that they ladies in the store thought it was acrylic when they first looked at. Later when it came time to print the tube top labels Bill had let them know it was actually bone.

That acrylic is awesome, another reason to make it to the rendezvous. Congrats!
Thanks, I agree. Next year I may even camp out on the sidewalk overnight to get a shot at the Rendezvous knife. Although I think this year the 33 and 86 SFAs were the stars.

Thanks, I agree. Next year I may even camp out on the sidewalk overnight to get a shot at the Rendezvous knife. Although I think this year the 33 and 86 SFAs were the stars.
Lol, I like em but I don’t camp out on a sidewalk like em. Congrats on your 33 score, that one alone Makes the trip worth it.

This one has been carried since received last year. Not a glamour shot, but a fine knife.

I have found this pattern is a little too small for me, and I think I bent the pin on the pen blade trying to open a bottle of wine. The pen opens a little stiff now.

A very nice pattern, but not large enough for my daily abuse!

3B79B509-2CB0-481C-9261-2A9D1A2636CE.jpegD7E49118-07A6-4A3B-BB95-848BEDA3B8F2.jpeg

Last edited:
I am right there with you. That acrylic b&w is stunning. Missed one that popped up at a reasonable price on the exchange the other day…I have had an ebony and sold it like a fool, but have a nice stag and a bone now. But that acrylic is like wow…really special.

This one has been carried since received last year. Not a glamour shot, but a fine knife.

I have found this pattern is a little too small for me, and I think I bent the pin on the pen blade trying to open a bottle of wine. The pen opens a little stiff now.

A very nice pattern, but not large enough for my daily abuse!

View attachment 1593626View attachment 1593627
Very much like the look of this one. How did you achieve the lightening in the colour of the Stag? Make me want to try it out on my awful Flamethrowered Stag version, see some of my previous posts...:cool: Otherwise it will have to be a recover job, not cheap to do.

That's a fine example (despite not being acrylic :D)

It's very similar to the Yellow Bone used on the first run of stainless Conductors, a kind of Winterbottom style jigging but in another colour.

LOoE1xa.jpg
I was just taking another look at your 2012 Stainless 33. I think you are right, the handles on these two are very similar. In fact, these may be the exact same handles. GEC probably had 8 sets of Antique Yellow jig bone leftover from 2011.

1kpMYfm.jpg

Last edited:
Back