2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Arrived today
Overall , a very well made little knife . Opening it is smooth , blades do not touch the liners , very clean inside and out , transition of the Stag to the bolsters is well done , bolster dimples are all uniform , if I am careful opening the Pen Blade it does not touch the main blade . The Stag is only average . I do not like the Surface of the Stag at all . It appears that they have applied some sealer material . Spring is flush when either blade is opened . Another GEC Northfield in Stag that I am very happy to have .

With my other one .

Harry

Mine left the USA on 24th August and arrived here today...:rolleyes: Spent useless time in Helsinki (13th Sept) waiting to be forwarded after paying 25% import fees and handling costs another 23 € that even more in Dollars...)

Well, I believe I got the twin of Harry's knife here so I'm not overwhelmed with joy.

Negs: The Stag looks 'painted' with some sealer or colourant, very grubby looking. Some noticeable gaps as well.

Positives: Great W&T, loud snap, no blade play or rub either, sharp, scales slabs equal thickness. Longpull suits the knife, bolsters are very appropriate too.

As it will be a user I suppose I should be content, but my other user Stags from GEC are all far better quality. Stag is always a tricky one and I've until now been monstrously lucky:D But you get expectations...putting out such a large number of knives means that the overall quality of the antler will be compromised .

See if I can get a groupie picture together with my 2 stainless and 1 carbon Conductors- 2 users as well. Bit crestfallen but these things may happen, yet after a long wait & lot of expense, was hoping for more.

Its here :D
Its not the one that was in the picture (may have been a misconception on my part). I lucked out finding this one so late. Not the knarliest stag, but I'm very pleased with it. Its tight and right and just a wonderful pen knife. I can't tell why its an "S". No flaws I can find :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
This one is going straight in my pocket :)
33-2.JPG 33-5.JPG 33-8.JPG 33-9.JPG

Got a few shots of the latest Conductor. As I wrote earlier, I find it lacklustre at least, it looks like scorched wood:eek: Charred beam etc but not to my taste. The pile side is very different, thankfully not blackened and covered in this strange coating but pretty boring, ill matched. Not had this type of Stag from GEC before, not looking for it again :D

RryTxma.jpg

Xs2KFqN.jpg

So8qEyP.jpg

bV3ched.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few shots of the latest Conductor. As I wrote earlier, I find it lacklustre at least, it looks like scorched wood:eek: Charred beam etc but not to my taste. The pile side is very different, thankfully not blackened and covered in this strange coating but pretty boring, ill matched. Not had this type of Stag from GEC before, not looking for it again :D

RryTxma.jpg

Xs2KFqN.jpg

So8qEyP.jpg

bV3ched.jpg
We're all different. I like it, it kinda looks like an old hand made knife from the old Wild West days, something that a Trapper/Hunter would have had. Not the actual knife, but the scales, it definitely has it's own character, nothing like from a production line. But that is just me.:thumbsup:

cudgee cudgee Good that you like it and I realize tastes vary-fortunately. But it doesn't feel good in the hand, and for me that's decisive. The mark side feels rough, scorched and it has this unpleasant coating on it, sanding down will not improve matters really.

At least the 3 other Conductors I have from the first run are magnificos .

cudgee cudgee Good that you like it and I realize tastes vary-fortunately. But it doesn't feel good in the hand, and for me that's decisive. The mark side feels rough, scorched and it has this unpleasant coating on it, sanding down will not improve matters really.

At least the 3 other Conductors I have from the first run are magnificos .
Can you buff it with a compound, i did it once using case polishing paste, and made a huge difference, and i reckon Flitz, would be even better. Just a thought:rolleyes:, but i am only judging from a photo, the feel in the hand is important. You have a good weekend.:)

RryTxma.jpg

Xs2KFqN.jpg

So8qEyP.jpg

bV3ched.jpg
Looks like you described it pretty well Will . I do know how you feel my friend . Maybe if you Buffed It Out , it would look like it had a lot of pocket wear . LOL . At least I was able to get another one that was much better . Carry it in good health my friend .
Harry

Forgive me for reusing a picture from another thread, but I figured I'd drop it in here too. My 33 here with a watch from my grandfather, I don't really recall him using a pocket knife of any sort, although I imagine he did have a few at some point him being in the navy and growing up on a farm in Oklahoma, I once tried showing him one of my GEC and he scoffed and commented it was to pretty to be a working knife. But I think he would have made an exception for this little guy.

WirLFp3l.jpg

Any particular reason.?
For me it’s that perfect “third pocket” knife. I just really like the lines of this knife, the single spring with no half stops, how tight and close everything is put in their. The color and jigging of the bone is phenomenal. It just all around makes me very happy when I use it and fondle it. I think it will also make the perfect first pocket knife for my son someday, since he’s obsessed with trains right now. Got a ways to go though, he’ll be three next Sunday. :D:cool:

For me it’s that perfect “third pocket” knife. I just really like the lines of this knife, the single spring with no half stops, how tight and close everything is put in their. The color and jigging of the bone is phenomenal. It just all around makes me very happy when I use it and fondle it. I think it will also make the perfect first pocket knife for my son someday, since he’s obsessed with trains right now. Got a ways to go though, he’ll be three next Sunday. :D:cool:
Thanks, was just curious to hear your views, i have one on the way, so your views are very relevant. I was obsessed with trains and knives as a kid. Then had a hiatus - GIRLS - same will happen to him. Now back with knives and trains, order has been restored.:thumbsup:

Thanks, was just curious to hear your views, i have one on the way, so your views are very relevant. I was obsessed with trains and knives as a kid. Then had a hiatus - GIRLS - same will happen to him. Now back with knives and trains, order has been restored.:thumbsup:
At least we all come full circle in the end. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Back