2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Found this pic out on the web, this acrylic is pretty cool. Cant wait to get mine in hand

Anyone that has a 25, can you feel the texture or is it smooth like every acrylic I have handled?

BbjYzMD.jpg

Posting a picture of my #62 for probably the last time.
I've decided to put it away for my son who likes "Gentlemanly" things, and loves traditional knives.
I think this knife is the perfect fit for him when he graduates college. :cool::thumbsup:
I’m a stag guy and patiently awaiting mine but this photo could change anyone’s mind. That looks as good as any GEC I’ve seen posted.

Found this pic out on the web, this acrylic is pretty cool. Cant wait to get mine in hand Anyone that has a 25, can you feel the texture or is it smooth like every acrylic I have handled?
BbjYzMD.jpg
Great picture (wherever it came from)! It shows up as ~5x life size on my laptop monitor and that shows the detail of the acrylic nicely. I’m glad I did one of those unhesitating impulse purchases and grabbed one on Friday.

Cant wait to get my unicorn ivory in hand. From the photos posted by other members the 62 half Congress really looks like the perfect gentleman's EDC. Should make for a great office knife. Only configuration I could imagine being more perfect would be a 35 churchill. I hope I dont have to wait too long before they run those again.

LygYIiQ.jpg

Still reeling with how well-finished these are.

Can't find a fault:cool: Note the jigging going into the bolsters and beautiful domed pins, no sinkers here;) My taste anyway.

Might have to try for some more, I'd like some of the SFOs but I already see the cloud of the approaching stampede:eek::D

Cant wait to get my unicorn ivory in hand. From the photos posted by other members the 62 half Congress really looks like the perfect gentleman's EDC. Should make for a great office knife. Only configuration I could imagine being more perfect would be a 35 churchill. I hope I dont have to wait too long before they run those again.

Forced to choose one knife it would certainly be my #35 Churchill. It’s not the most exciting knife from a style perspective, but it’s perfectly designed and manufactured. The blade choices meet just about all my general needs. The #62 falls in a similar vein, though I don’t know that the pen blade is a good substitute for a larger, bellied blade.

I don't much care for patterns with a wharncliffe main and pen secondary. But....man....I'm getting real tempted by these.

The size is great, and the blades fit well with the design imo. Just try it, if you don't like it post it for sale, soon enough you should be able to gst what you paid at least. Honestly I'm surprised they sell out so fast.

Great pics Mayonardo Mayonardo it reminded me to look at my 13's. All the talk about catch bits and liners got me curious. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow but the 13 doesnt have the extra liner. The blades are ground at an offset to make room. Makes me appreciate the craftsmanship on the 13 clerk knife all the more.

Don't have any pix of the 13's backspring but it is a much thicker spring than the 62's. The Clerk's master Wharncliffe is not only thicker but considerably longer, reaching right into the frame, much less krinking going on too. They frames look and identical length to me, but the 62 is lighter and most certainly easier on the pocket than the Clerk whose square bolsters and raised tangs are fairly sharp. The 62 is from my point of view, the superior knife with near sunk joints and thinner construction.

I'm always boring on about brass, but you can see the brass-bleed/verdigris even on this Micarta model, it's staining a good deal, worse still on Stag or light colour Bone, must be my sweat:eek::D

8DGrmqM.jpg

Back