2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Striking out on the Ironwood, but lucky enough to have a Plum and Burlap headed my way. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have hands on to check them out. The Plum looks like a great color and I expect the Burlap to be a hearty user.

DLT’s stock has come and gone. This has been crazy. I really wish more knives were made this run. I foresee the Mustang as being much more popular than the upcoming Little Rattler (but it wouldn’t be the first or last time I’ve been wrong), and would have liked to see the production numbers on the two flipped.

I thought this email from DLT was interesting. That’s a LOT of people on the notification list!

View attachment 1444630
That's a lot of emails!

yeah, seems like there's a lot of unhappy campers today. I'm trying real hard not to feel disappointed and discouraged. As they say- "It is what it is". Congrats to everyone who got one they wanted- more congratulations to anyone who's swimming in pandemic #74s. I take some solace in the fact that every knife bought by posters here is a knife that likely won't be up-charged by one of those resellers.

Try overseas.:eek::D:D:D

Oh, I feel for you.

yeah, seems like there's a lot of unhappy campers today. I'm trying real hard not to feel disappointed and discouraged. As they say- "It is what it is". Congrats to everyone who got one they wanted- more congratulations to anyone who's swimming in pandemic #74s. I take some solace in the fact that every knife bought by posters here is a knife that likely won't be up-charged by one of those resellers.

I wouldn’t say im disappointed or discouraged. Sorry you’re feeling that way. Did/do I want an ironwood or burlap #74? A little smaller size than my #23, drop point and excellent scale materials? You bet! But I have learned that there are more important things in life to get me all discouraged.
Will I ever score one? Lol. Who knows...but the chase is pretty fun (when I have time). :)
I’ve probably said this before, and I’m gonna say it again. The friendships I have made here at BF far outweigh any knife I own. :)
A sincere congratulations to all who have scored one of these “wild” mustangs, and to any flippers out there, “shame on you.”
Let the hunt continue!!

My burlap will be in my mailbox this afternoon!

Congrats! :D and to you too @Quiet

Last edited:
I cannot complain. My luck with 74s came in through the secondary market and some help from friends. I think the biggest takeaway from this experience is that GEC needs to ensure that they are getting an influx of skilled workers into their ranks so that they can resume supply and production at pre-COVID levels.
fullsizeoutput-2a61.jpg

I cannot complain. My luck with 74s came in through the secondary market and some help from friends. I think the biggest takeaway from this experience is that GEC needs to ensure that they are getting an influx of skilled workers into their ranks so that they can resume supply and production at pre-COVID levels.
fullsizeoutput-2a61.jpg

Just beautiful. Very nice, J.

Any chance someone with a #23 could post a side x side shot with a #74 drop point for visual comparison?

Thanks in advance.

fullsizeoutput-2a61.jpg
Their clip blades are the best in the business.

023FB89A-8228-4896-8DE7-3220D30EED7E.jpeg

74 brown micarta arrived this evening. Outstanding fit and finish, really tight reminds me of the 93s, which were a great run. Solid walk and talk with I’m going to say about a 5.5-6 pull. The burlap micarta is about perfect, especially compared to the 14 I have, where the weave is poorly defined, on the 74 it pops out. I’m really glad I lucked out and was able to land this one.

ask, and you shall receive! :D
rixfGWR.jpg

and here's a couple more pics of my new black plum.... great color on the end... can't wait to see it with a little pocket wear on it....
72kIVpm.jpg
CLKU4nQ.jpg

Thank you so much!!! The ‘stang really is the perfect size. :)

View attachment 1444845

74 brown micarta arrived this evening. Outstanding fit and finish, really tight reminds me of the 93s, which were a great run. Solid walk and talk with I’m going to say about a 5.5-6 pull. The burlap micarta is about perfect, especially compared to the 14 I have, where the weave is poorly defined, on the 74 it pops out. I’m really glad I lucked out and was able to land this one.
I bet ya that it was cheaper than the 14 too.

Last edited:
Back