2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

got mine yesterday. i like it, IMHO its a lot like the 71 but thinner and with a better blade.
HAGD
50574088452_51491ec985_h.jpg[IMG]

Of the stags I have seen including my own, yours is top class. We are all lucky to have one, but you really hit the jackpot!
Thanks, they are all pretty special, I'm really liking mine !! :cool: Sambar is often considered to be the best of stags and GEC selected some of the finest. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are fortunate GEC maintains a good supply of natural sambar stag. Other cutlery companies are resorting to 2nd cut, burnt, and lesser quality antler. They have a relationship with one of the top suppliers and tend to get the cream of the crop. Quality large pieces are tough to get in bigger quantities. This is why you didn't see it on 23's, and most of the 97's were somewhat mediocre at best. This run of 74's are looking really nice. The guy Bill has doing the hafting and grinding of stag now very good at his craft as well.

We are fortunate GEC maintains a good supply of natural sambar stag. Other cutlery companies are resorting to 2nd cut, burnt, and lesser quality antler. They have a relationship with one of the top suppliers and tend to get the cream of the crop. Quality large pieces are tough to get in bigger quantities. This is why you didn't see it on 23's, and most of the 97's were somewhat mediocre at best. This run of 74's are looking really nice. The guy Bill has doing the hafting and grinding of stag now very good at his craft as well.
Welcome to The Porch

Just received my stag and a shout out goes to the USPS. It took less than 2 days from OK. to NY. A special thanks to Mike @knifeswapper. This is “the one.” The stag is as nice as any I’ve had. No comments necessary. I’ll let the photo speak for itself. Oh, I also got a pin (highly unusual for me).View attachment 1450145
Lucky Strike, Alan!! A devastating Beauty!!:thumbsup::cool:;)

They finally got here today . F& F on each one is great , as expected , blade pull on each is probably 5 . Inlay of the shield is perfect . I really like the Ironwood . Other people have posted much nicer Stag than what this one is , but that is okay . There is no Bad Stag and anyhow .

Harry

I think whether or not I won any sort of lottery is a matter of subjective debate but that said, I can easily say this is some of the most unique Stag in my collection.

Very interesting texture with all sorts of voids and fissures. Fantastic coloring and excellent thickness - very comfortable in hand. It's hard to capture all of its depth in pictures - I'll have to try again a bit later. In the meantime though, I've included a few below.

I inspected this over a bit more closely than the others as this is the one that is to be my prize, so to speak. I am happy to note that it is pretty perfect - good stout pull and excellent snap, no wobble, gaps, or poor transitions. It's a great knife.

JbXNSW9.jpg

lOsvfjP.jpg

mEUWS2B.jpg

Back