1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    After some buffing and polishing, THIS is how I wish GEC would of finished these 74 Burlap’s! This sucker shines now! And no more scratches. [​IMG]

2. MrsR&T

MrsR&T Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Resized_20201108_215753_copy_1134x1134.jpeg
    74s first cut. Upside down savory pie.

3. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I'd have to agree. While I like the initial appearance of the matte look, it sure doesn't hold up well. And it makes the bolsters rust magnets! I polish mine, too (once they officially become users). :thumbsup:

4. DavidV81

DavidV81

Feb 12, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn’t be happier with mine. Mike did a great job and picked out the perfect one for me.

5. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Another beauty. Great color too.

6. Turk88

Turk88

Aug 11, 2011
    I am quite happy with the color, texture, and sharpness of the one I have received. My example is definitely not a thin, svelte, disappears in the pocket kind of knife. It is VERY hand filling, which at first I don't know that I was crazy about. It's almost kind of quirky and I think I may just like that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JOELSM, Spaten, GE Jr and 20 others like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I thought I'd add a couple more photos of my stag. I'm extremely happy with this one. The stag is the perfect thickness for me and very evenly matched. :cool: Bill and his gang did an excellent job with the matching and hafting on these knives. :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JOELSM, Modoc ED, Spaten and 22 others like this.
  8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    David, your stag is ruggedly handsome, a great look, and both sides are wonderfully matched!
    And Ron, I don't know how you do it (you're either blessed beyond measure or you're Machiavelli reincarnated! ;)), but you always come up with the most outstanding examples of natural handle materials. Your stag #74 is right up there with the best shown. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. DavidV81

DavidV81

Feb 12, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here’s both of mine side by side. Still hoping to get a micarta eventually, but for now I’m content with the pair of Northfields.

JOELSM, Hard Knocks, Spaten and 17 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for the kind words Jeff! That means a lot coming from someone with as many beautiful knives as you have! Spaghetti is about the extent of my Italian! ;) So I’m thinking I’m blessed, no I know I’m blessed, and in many more ways than this! :) :thumbsup:

black mamba and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  11. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    I received my blind pick 74 stag today, I didn't win the stag lottery but it's better than most I've seen, the coloring differs on each side but it's a lot better in hand then the pics show, pull is about a 6, nice F&F with a good snap and the best part it fits great in my hand.

741s.jpg 742s.jpg 743s.jpg 744s.jpg

12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    [​IMG]
    It cuts peppers well.

13. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    you just received that knife, what were they jalapeno peppers :D

Sharp & Fiery and tmd_87 like this.
  14. Jiki

Jiki Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Well mine arrived Saturday and I arrived home yesterday after dark. Mine is on the gnarly side of things, heck the one groove could be a skateboarding half pipe. :D They got the thickness matched well, not too thick. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Yea and cayanne!

Pt-Luso and knifethetank like this.
  16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I spent the last couple of days carrying this one in my pocket, trying to decide if the uniqueness would really grow on me. Truth be told, mine doesn't have the classic rugged good looks that well hafted Stag knives possess, objectively speaking. But sometimes, quirkiness has an appeal and charm all its own and I feel mine has both in spades.

It is definitely one of the most ergonomically superior knives that I have in Stag - the depression on the pile side is right where my middle finger rests when gripping in use. It's a keeper and one I'm apt to carry quite often.

[​IMG]

17. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I am happy that you will be keeping your Stag . The Pile side of mine is , as I told @Half/Stop , Very Ugly .
    [​IMG]
    The Black Area where the Left Pin is , is probably .09" below the highest point . I am getting used to the Ugly Look and now I will just call it a Bold Look . I have it in my pocket now and will never ever get rid of this knife . One day it will go to one of my daughters , since it was her 80 th birthday gift to me . Like this knife .

Harry

18. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Yep !!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Pretty nice but I Really like the Pile Side

Harry

19. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry

Jiki likes this.
  20. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Everything looks GOOD Rose .

Harry