2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Anyone ever store these in leather slips rather than the tube it comes in? I’m more likely to add the stag in my regular rotation if I do that, but wanted to make sure it wouldn’t cause any harm leaving it in there.

Leather will definitely give you some pepper spots on the blade/spring if you store the knife in a slip long term and aren’t super careful about keeping the knife oiled.

Anyone ever store these in leather slips rather than the tube it comes in? I’m more likely to add the stag in my regular rotation if I do that, but wanted to make sure it wouldn’t cause any harm leaving it in there.
Some Slips will actually harm your knife if stored for a while . I never leave any of my carbon blades in a slip over night .

Harry

Good to know. I’ll stick to oil, wrap in wax, then back in the tube when not carrying.

Store them in something that is as non-hydroscopic as possible..... If you live in a humid area consider keeping them in a room with a dehumidifier or air conditioner...

Good to know. I’ll stick to oil, wrap in wax, then back in the tube when not carrying.

There's nothing quite like leather, but they make slips in felt and canvas too. Sack-ups offers silicone treated thick cotton slips in several sizes for folders that stand up nicely in the pocket, and offer good protection.

Just a thought if you want to just leave them in place.

The Plum and the Stag are most definitely the stars of the show. As much as I like Ironwood, the Ironwood 74s just seem unfinished to me.

c8yIwZ1.jpg

I really like this one. A little different than "classic" stag but still with character.

Back