2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

tazkristi

Spyderco Moderator
After weeks of careful consideration, we have made the decision to take the 2020 Factory Seconds Sale entirely online. The health and safety of our guests, staff, and local community remains our top priority, and we feel this decision aligns with that priority based on the evolving COVID-19 situation in our state. These developments would likely have required a cancellation in the days leading up to the in-person event, and we want to focus our efforts on making the online event an outstanding experience for everyone.

While we are disappointed we won’t be able to gather together in Golden this year, we are incredibly appreciative of the support and enthusiasm for this event. As we continue to move forward with the first-ever Online Seconds Sale, please follow our social media channels or our forum for the latest updates and announcements.

Kristi

In person would limit the number of potential customers. I hope you have a ton of "seconds."

Good luck to your servers. Maybe cap the spending per customer?

Glad I might have a chance to get my hands on a factory second. I live 1800 miles from Colorado and have always been curios about the sale.

After weeks of careful consideration, we have made the decision to take the 2020 Factory Seconds Sale entirely online. The health and safety of our guests, staff, and local community remains our top priority, and we feel this decision aligns with that priority based on the evolving COVID-19 situation in our state. These developments would likely have required a cancellation in the days leading up to the in-person event, and we want to focus our efforts on making the online event an outstanding experience for everyone.

While we are disappointed we won’t be able to gather together in Golden this year, we are incredibly appreciative of the support and enthusiasm for this event. As we continue to move forward with the first-ever Online Seconds Sale, please follow our social media channels or our forum for the latest updates and announcements.

Kristi

Kristi, are you going to open this online-sale for internationals? for non US buyers?

So will every factory second knife have some pictures up on spyderco.com so that customers can see what it looks like, and/or will some text description of what each knife is wrong be provided (I understand that either can mean lots of work for the Spyderco folks), or maybe neither? I mean this is not like in-person sales where one can check the knives.

I've read that there are an incredible amount of knives available at these sales, and I can't imagine it would be possible for the small Spyderco crew to take pictures, or write descriptions of all of them. Since it will be the first time, we shall see.

Wonder how this will work...but I'm interested. Need to think about a couple models I'm interested in I guess to start the hunt

Back