2021 GEC 83 Tascosa Lock Back

miSV6DD.jpg

Pretty happy with my example. Bolster has some scratches on both sides but she’ll be a user anyways. What a great little knife!

Been fiddling and thinking about this knife since I got it Saturday, and I have to say I’m a little “on the fence.” I like this knife, the size is great, and although the covers aren’t the Micarta I thought they were going to be when I reserved it, they are attractive and I like the particular ones I received. However, I do have a few things on which I would like your opinions. First, and it took me a while to figure out what was off for me, but does anyone think that this would look better with a satin bolster and shield to match the blade? Or is it just me? And then there’s “the gap.”
C726871C-477E-4ACE-9C39-7C09DBFDC932.jpeg I know from reading this thread that this has been discussed, but I wonder as more and more of us are receiving this knife, does this bother anyone else? If so, is it a deal breaker, something you will live with, or is it a “nothing burger?” Thanks.
Todd

I actually didn't notice the bolsters werent satin… mine comes in the mail today but from the pictures, it looks like the wood has a sheen to it. If so, that goes with the polished bolsters from this viewpoint.

That gap… simple. Its the secret feature fo added lock security. Stick a wire through the gap and youve got your vault lock. The wire hook attaches to the ring hanging from the lanyard hole of course. Gec thought of everything. Kidding of course,

I actually didn't notice the bolsters werent satin… mine comes in the mail today but from the pictures, it looks like the wood has a sheen to it. If so, that goes with the polished bolsters from this viewpoint.

That gap… simple. Its the secret feature fo added lock security. Stick a wire through the gap and youve got your vault lock. The wire hook attaches to the ring hanging from the lanyard hole of course. Gec thought of everything. Kidding of course,
The wood is polished, so you have a good point there. Thanks for your opinion Mass. 😊👍

I had this waiting in my mailbox after returning from a beach trip.

I am very, very pleased with the one I got. The grain is just wonderful. The knife itself is a pleasure, not too small and has a very smooth and light pull - just what I like on a lockback. This one is very nice but I sure am looking forward to those Northfields in the Dark Brewed Bone.

Ky7HDtA.jpg

3xxt6hK.jpg

Back