20cv pm2

Got mine Thursday and it checks all my boxes -
- Perfectly centered.
- Good edge grind.
- Fairly strong detent.
- Drops semi-freely out of the box.
Breaking in is all part of the fun!

Kudos DLT !!!

Both of mine are perfect. My user has already seen some heavy use and I've boogered up the point. :oops:

Mine is pretty up there with the best PM2s I've received. I think I could say that about all the recent releases though. The REX was probably the most perfect, however some lock stick developed after a couple months of use that I cannot remedy for the life of me.

Been enjoying mine very much. Doing a lot of food prep. The scales are getting dirty so I think I'm going to buy a set of OD AWT scales to put on there.

RueTyVqJHav4PvyC58aZDl_hiUUyXOmgdGKJG-SFbvzDC32XtJ1zaZosWhD738ESIA9_iEK1fCcI-dzs7GciY0Olc3HpFSCiFvETHWnIkRWXgclv_wSAUObX98EyeVcKL-341_AYN1c=w2400

Definitely digging this one guys.

That clips makes for a nice color combo.

On the para 2 I really don't mind the stock clip. But I plan for this to be my office carry and thought the Deep carry would give me a little more discreteness. Overall I'm happy with it!

Mine is pretty up there with the best PM2s I've received. I think I could say that about all the recent releases though. The REX was probably the most perfect, however some lock stick developed after a couple months of use that I cannot remedy for the life of me.

Perhaps you tried rotating the stop pin? I had my share of lock stick with at least two of my PM2s. I had to spin the stop pin several times before the stick finally worked it self out. I spun it until there was no stick, then it was good for a while, then the stick came back. Rotated it again, stick came back a while later. After few of these cycles, it finally went away completely.

Mine are excellent other than neither will drop closed, but that's really not an actual issue aside from personal preference.

Interestingly I also picked up a pair of FFG Delicas, totally different dealer, as gifts. They just happened to arrive same day. The Delicas are also a little stiffer action than others I've had in the past.

Just got both of mine in. Compared to the S110v and S30v PM2s I bought from Amazon, these have lighter detent, and a more stiff blade action. Most of the time I need wrist motion just to flick them open all the way. A bit disappointed with that, and other than that the rest of the knife's flawless.
Not DLTtrading's fault as they shipped to me on the same day and using priority mail.

How is the detent on everybody's 20cv? Mine works fine, but it is lighter than any other Paramilitary 2 I have. Just curious.

Same here. Functions fine but it's on the light side.

Mine has a pretty loose detent as well; it is very similar to my GB1 in that regard. With sufficient force, I can free it without the spydiehole (not dangerously light force, but a good, hard shake). Not worried about it, but I am a little disappointed in that respect compared to my plain-jane dlc pm2. Action drops free, but somewhat of a slower, hydraulic motion (that can easily be loosened up to suit though). Otherwise, I am very happy with it. Came with no blade play and overall great FnF minus the detent, but I am probably just being picky on that front...

Last edited:
Mine has a pretty loose detent as well; it is very similar to my GB1 in that regard. With sufficient force, I can free it without the spydiehole (not dangerously light force, but a good, hard shake). Not worried about it, but I am a little disappointed in that respect compared to my plain-jane dlc pm2. Action drops free, but somewhat of a slower, hydraulic motion (that can easily be loosened up to suit though). Otherwise, I am very happy with it. Came with no blade play and overall great FnF minus the detent, but I am probably just being picky on that front...
Not sure where that quote of mine came from, but it wasn't from this thread...

Perhaps you tried rotating the stop pin? I had my share of lock stick with at least two of my PM2s. I had to spin the stop pin several times before the stick finally worked it self out. I spun it until there was no stick, then it was good for a while, then the stick came back. Rotated it again, stick came back a while later. After few of these cycles, it finally went away completely.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the usual remedies aside from complete disassembly with no luck. I've had a dozen or more PM2s apart, but this one has the best action I've ever experienced out of the box so I've been reluctant to accidentally change that. But that is the next step for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the usual remedies aside from complete disassembly with no luck. I've had a dozen or more PM2s apart, but this one has the best action I've ever experienced out of the box so I've been reluctant to accidentally change that. But that is the next step for sure.

Not sure if you are still lock sticking. I was struggling with this on one of my PM2s after disassembly. Spinning the stop pin in place provided only temporary relief.

Well this provided a permanent fix - I removed it, and rotated the pin 180deg between scales. It has been almost a moth, stick free.

Thought I'd share. Maybe it will help others with lock stick. Nothing like a smooth lock bar release :)

Older pic, but this knife is still awesome. 20CV is performing very well.

OhwYq83.jpg

Last edited:
Back