25 Owners, have you warmed up to that blade notch??

Rubicon Joey pretty much nailed the perfect sebenza :thumb up: :)

As far as the notch goes, I think it ads personality and uniqueness to the knife. Personally I dig it and enjoy the reminder of how fat the blade actually is. Sometimes with a rounded spine, the visual impression is a thinner blade. Two of the things that bother me most about the 25 (not enough to part with it though) is the oversized pivot screw and the Idaho Made. If I was CRK I would find a better, smaller place for the stamp IF I HAD to have it on there as it screws with the simplistic flow of the knife. How many cases actually occurred of anyone busting the Sebenza 21's pivot? Not only does one screw for all make perfect sense but the size blends well with the rest of the knife. The oversized pivot totally rocks on the Ti-lock because the finish is stonewash, but on the 25, it looks too overkill. If an oversized pivot is a must.......bring back that sexy initial Umnumzaan pivot. :D

i called CRK and spoke to someone very close to owning the co. I was asking about paying for and grooving the scales kinda like my zaan. the CRKs are my edc and i have very large hands, size 18 1/2 ring. the 25 is billed as the largest folder crk makes. in wet, muddy conditions, i run heavy equipment, the 25 would become very slick. i was told no no no they would not do it, as they are not a custom shop, ha ha, and they plan to release another 25 model with the grooving, and if i got a custom shop to do it my warranty was void... yep I warmed up enough, to trade one for a Smith combat eagle, one for another zt0560 and one for a neil blackwood benchmade and a spyderco salt. man i warmed up...

I had to get mine out to see what was being referred to. To me, this doesn t detract from this fine knife in the least.

i called CRK and spoke to someone very close to owning the co. I was asking about paying for and grooving the scales kinda like my zaan. the CRKs are my edc and i have very large hands, size 18 1/2 ring. the 25 is billed as the largest folder crk makes. in wet, muddy conditions, i run heavy equipment, the 25 would become very slick. i was told no no no they would not do it, as they are not a custom shop, ha ha, and they plan to release another 25 model with the grooving, and if i got a custom shop to do it my warranty was void... yep I warmed up enough, to trade one for a Smith combat eagle, one for another zt0560 and one for a neil blackwood benchmade and a spyderco salt. man i warmed up...

So you had 3 Sebenza 25s? Before you figured out that you didn't like them? You traded one for a ZT0560? And another for a Benchmade and a Spyderco Salt?

I have a ZT0560 and a few Benchmades if you have any more Chris Reeves that you would like to trade, straight up. :D

got rid of all 3 different crks. ck out my avatar, you don't have that 0560, nor does anyone, where did you read 3 25s ?

have you ever had a neil blackwood knife ?? ck him out, great builder and a hell of a guy.

So you had 3 Sebenza 25s? Before you figured out that you didn't like them? You traded one for a ZT0560? And another for a Benchmade and a Spyderco Salt?

I have a ZT0560 and a few Benchmades if you have any more Chris Reeves that you would like to trade, straight up. :D

i called CRK and spoke to someone very close to owning the co. I was asking about paying for and grooving the scales kinda like my zaan. the CRKs are my edc and i have very large hands, size 18 1/2 ring. the 25 is billed as the largest folder crk makes. in wet, muddy conditions, i run heavy equipment, the 25 would become very slick.

I could see where that would be the case. I hope CRK makes a 25 for Wilson with their pattern because the 21 they make called the Star-Benza is cut with Wilson's starburst pattern at seems to be real grippy in the hand.

Glad you found something that works for you.

got rid of all 3 different crks. ck out my avatar, you don't have that 0560, nor does anyone, where did you read 3 25s ?

have you ever had a neil blackwood knife ?? ck him out, great builder and a hell of a guy.

I deduced that from your earlier post, because that is what it said.

I definitely do not have that 0560. I don't want it, either. And you didn't say anything about a Neil Blackwood knife earlier. You mentioned a Benchmade that was designed by Neil Blackwood. Huge difference.

As I can see now, CRK just isn't for you. Thanks for playing.

I enjoy the 25 the more I carry and use it. It is becoming when of my favorite CRK folders for sure.

With the pocket clip issue resolved, I've been carrying my 25 for this week. Going to EDC it for a month. And yes, to answer my own (old) question, I have warmed up to that blade notch. I suppose the same question now applies to the Inkosi.

When I had a 25, I wondered if the notch was an index point or a "catch" for the thumb when closing the blade one-handed. Probably not, but it's always where my thumb naturally landed when I'd close it.

The notch doesn't bother me at all. Besides aesthetics, that notch is not going to affect function in any way. The 25 is my favorite model CRK with the plain Insingo not far behind.

I like the notch. The Inkosi has it as well. Looking forward to getting my Inkosi tomorrow....

It would be welcome if someone from the factory would address this.:rolleyes:

This is an old thread resurrected, simply because I realize the notch is kinda cool. The factory has addressed the issue. It allows them to transition between the squared-off jimping, and the rounded spine. I suppose the notchless transition on the 25 prototype could have taken more labour, or was simply harder to get to look right, or they wanted to do it differently. Regardless, the notch serves no purpose, as per CRK, other than the transition point between the two spine grinds.

Thanks. Looked at mine many times. Attempting to determine its purpose.

Back