3.5 for an edc?

Can't remember if this has come up but I'm curious of peoples thoughts on the 3.5 as an edc fixed blade. Do you think the small changes would make it better for an edc. Please if you do carry as an edc share how. Pictures are worth a thousand words and all. :)

The 3.5 is great for EDC. I don't even carry a folder anymore. I flipped the clip over so it drops the knife down on my belt almost 2 inches.
I'm betting the new 3.5 will be perfect for it also.

I was hoping Standard would chime in here.

According to instagram and #edc or #pocketdump, everyone and even some of their mothers love to edc the 3.5.

Was thinking about this too. Would a 3.5 be a better EDC as far as fixed blade goes? Whether it makes a good EDC or not would depend on how you are carrying it and the laws of your country/state. The handle is the main problem for me since I prefer concealed carry. Where I am, it is a real taboo to be seen walking around with a knife. I would most likely be called up for questioning by the police. Folders like the Hinderer XM-18 or Spyderco PM2 is what I currently carry, until Survive! comes up with a folder. Only when I am out hiking and camping would I be able to pack my bigger knives so I was wondering if the handle of the 3.5 would be sticking out like a sore thumb even under the cover of my shirt when I live my life daily in the city.

I was hoping Standard would chime in here.

According to instagram and #edc or #pocketdump, everyone and even some of their mothers love to edc the 3.5.

It's a great, legal size knife for out here in California. I started carrying a 3.5 then went to the 4.1 but it was a bit heavy and "illegal" so I went back to the 3.5. The police in my county don't even seem to care that I have it concealed under a shirt. We're lucky out here because we can claim stupidity about certain knife laws.
Here's what I meant by flipping the clip. It works great on every GSO that I've had and it won't fall off easily.
cff06635f3c7f6d09d6bab00a96e8bd3.jpg

Was thinking about this too. Would a 3.5 be a better EDC as far as fixed blade goes? Whether it makes a good EDC or not would depend on how you are carrying it and the laws of your country/state. The handle is the main problem for me since I prefer concealed carry. Where I am, it is a real taboo to be seen walking around with a knife. I would most likely be called up for questioning by the police. Folders like the Hinderer XM-18 or Spyderco PM2 is what I currently carry, until Survive! comes up with a folder. Only when I am out hiking and camping would I be able to pack my bigger knives so I was wondering if the handle of the 3.5 would be sticking out like a sore thumb even under the cover of my shirt when I live my life daily in the city.

Don't forget about the 2.7! Maybe you can legally carry it with less chance of being questioned.

Don't forget about the 2.7! Maybe you can legally carry it with less chance of being questioned.

I was thinking more of the Necker II. Should have gotten one when I could. Maybe if Guy were to make one with an even thinner blade?

I was thinking more of the Necker II. Should have gotten one when I could. Maybe if Guy were to make one with an even thinner blade?

You might still have a chance from what the production schedule says.

I love the 3.5 as an EDC. I carry it in the pocket in a simple leather sheath I made. The only issue I had with it is that I think the handle was a bit to thin for me, so I added liners to make it more ergonomic (for me). Hence I think the new 3.5 will be absolutely perfect with a bigger handle. I got it in 3V obviously. ;)

I love the 3.5 as an EDC. I carry it in the pocket in a simple leather sheath I made. The only issue I had with it is that I think the handle was a bit to thin for me, so I added liners to make it more ergonomic (for me). Hence I think the new 3.5 will be absolutely perfect with a bigger handle. I got it in 3V obviously. ;)

How did you get liners for it? Does S!K provide this or did you do it yourself?

How did you get liners for it? Does S!K provide this or did you do it yourself?

I did it myself. I had some vulcanized fiber at home for knife making so I just cut it to shape after the handles. Worked great!

I did it myself. I had some vulcanized fiber at home for knife making so I just cut it to shape after the handles. Worked great!

Ah! Maybe you could provide such a service to the community here.

Back