3.5 for an edc?

The 3.5 is great for EDC. I don't even carry a folder anymore. I flipped the clip over so it drops the knife down on my belt almost 2 inches.
I'm betting the new 3.5 will be perfect for it also.
On Standar78's recommendation, I began carrying my 3.5 this way, too. I don't EDC on my belt, because I carry a Glock 19 and a ZT0556 on my person, but I do keep the 3.5 nearby, usually in my Saddleback briefcase. The 3.5 is on my hip in the woods, however. It rides just fine, clip flipped, beneath my Badlands Ambush waist pack.

I like that redwood

Thanks TT, I have lately been contemplating cutting back my collection, (at least anything i have duplicates of) and that is one i wont get rid of. I made it up in my alma mata's colors, as best I could and thought that was kinda nifty. I really like the extra width and was thinking of doing the same to my 5.0, since my only gripe with that knife is the handles height to width ratio, I like them a little more boxy. We will see. Or I could just buy a new 4.7 like everyone else!!! :thumbup::thumbup::D:p

If you got an extra 3.5 in 3v just laying around I'll put it to good use. Momma stole my necker II that was my edc so I'm on the hunt for a new one, and Christmas is closing fast. :)

The 3.5 was the 1st Survive knife that made it to me earlier this year, and I remember clipping it onto my belt and thinking.....umm, no, this isn't going to work. Just rides too high. So I looked the sheath over & quickly realized that if I flipped the clip and moved it up as high (or low) on the sheath as possible, I could carry it upside down and the top (or bottom) of the sheath now rides level with my belt - knife pointing down - just like in Standard78's pic, but with the clip moved up (or down, as it were) so that the sheath rides as low as possible without employing one of Chiral's awesome adaptors - which btw I do not where any of my SKs larger than the 3.5 without one of his extenders.

Like some of you, I stopped carrying folders for the most part and EDC a fixed all the time, often my 3.5, but I do EDC larger fixed blades as well....hell, on the weekends, I EDC my Fiddleback Forge Camp Knife, and I live in Northern CA where there are no length limits at all, I just have to carry open. I live in the foothills, so I don't get too many looks in the local store, even with my camp knife....but then I'll go down into Sacramento (the big city!) and I'll get looks of horror and astonishment, looks that say "that can't be legal" and "he's going to kill me, isn't he?" when I carry my 3.5 or even one of my smaller custom bird-n-trouts or EDCs. But ya, I love EDC-ing fixed blades, I'm a fixed blade guy....just don't dig folders all that much, and they're so handy....need to cut something? - boom, pull it out of the sheath and swipe. Need to stab something, boom, pull & stab. Quick, efficient, and way way cooler than carrying a girly folder!

On Standar78's recommendation, I began carrying my 3.5 this way, too. I don't EDC on my belt, because I carry a Glock 19 and a ZT0556 on my person, but I do keep the 3.5 nearby, usually in my Saddleback briefcase. The 3.5 is on my hip in the woods, however. It rides just fine, clip flipped, beneath my Badlands Ambush waist pack.

I'm glad it worked out well!

The 3.5 was the 1st Survive knife that made it to me earlier this year, and I remember clipping it onto my belt and thinking.....umm, no, this isn't going to work. Just rides too high. So I looked the sheath over & quickly realized that if I flipped the clip and moved it up as high (or low) on the sheath as possible, I could carry it upside down and the top (or bottom) of the sheath now rides level with my belt - knife pointing down - just like in Standard78's pic, but with the clip moved up (or down, as it were) so that the sheath rides as low as possible without employing one of Chiral's awesome adaptors - which btw I do not where any of my SKs larger than the 3.5 without one of his extenders.

Like some of you, I stopped carrying folders for the most part and EDC a fixed all the time, often my 3.5, but I do EDC larger fixed blades as well....hell, on the weekends, I EDC my Fiddleback Forge Camp Knife, and I live in Northern CA where there are no length limits at all, I just have to carry open. I live in the foothills, so I don't get too many looks in the local store, even with my camp knife....but then I'll go down into Sacramento (the big city!) and I'll get looks of horror and astonishment, looks that say "that can't be legal" and "he's going to kill me, isn't he?" when I carry my 3.5 or even one of my smaller custom bird-n-trouts or EDCs. But ya, I love EDC-ing fixed blades, I'm a fixed blade guy....just don't dig folders all that much, and they're so handy....need to cut something? - boom, pull it out of the sheath and swipe. Need to stab something, boom, pull & stab. Quick, efficient, and way way cooler than carrying a girly folder!

I'm just glad that these clips have enough tension to work in every position. I used to carry a small fixed blade and a folder everyday until I received my 4.1 and 3.5. Every folder I had vanished in the last few months because they were collecting dust.
I wish I had your laws down here! I'd love to be able to walk into Home Depot or into the local diner with the GSO 6 dangling off of my belt!

I'm just glad that these clips have enough tension to work in every position. I used to carry a small fixed blade and a folder everyday until I received my 4.1 and 3.5. Every folder I had vanished in the last few months because they were collecting dust.
I wish I had your laws down here! I'd love to be able to walk into Home Depot or into the local diner with the GSO 6 dangling off of my belt!
Yes. I am so envious of him. Can't even carry a knife and justify to the police why I am carrying one. The law here doesn't allow knives for personal protection so that can't be a good reason for me to carry one. What else can I tell the police when I am seen with a knife in the city?

I still carry a folder just because I'd like to avoid the looks, though I really want to figure out how to best carry a n-2 as I think it would be perfect for my daily needs. Unfortunately I'm on travel this week for work so I am knife less... Thanks TSA

Yes. I am so envious of him. Can't even carry a knife and justify to the police why I am carrying one. The law here doesn't allow knives for personal protection so that can't be a good reason for me to carry one. What else can I tell the police when I am seen with a knife in the city?

Be as inconspicuous as you can and see if there are any loopholes in their law. California has a "I didn't know it was illegal" loophole but I only think that excuse will work if the person has a clean record.
I would just do as much homework as you can on your laws so you don't end up in court or behind bars. If you need personal protection, I'd suggest self defense classes.

I still carry a folder just because I'd like to avoid the looks, though I really want to figure out how to best carry a n-2 as I think it would be perfect for my daily needs. Unfortunately I'm on travel this week for work so I am knife less... Thanks TSA

Have you tried neck carry? I haven't held one so I don't know if they're to heavy.

Be as inconspicuous as you can and see if there are any loopholes in their law. California has a "I didn't know it was illegal" loophole but I only think that excuse will work if the person has a clean record.
I would just do as much homework as you can on your laws so you don't end up in court or behind bars. If you need personal protection, I'd suggest self defense classes.

Singapore is probably one of the safest country in the world if not the safest so there is no reason to worry about personal protection. I buy knives because I just love knives. It's funny it took me so long to actually start getting into it. This thread is making want to consider a 3.5 as well. I think it will be great all around tool for non camp stuff.

Singapore is probably one of the safest country in the world if not the safest so there is no reason to worry about personal protection. I buy knives because I just love knives. It's funny it took me so long to actually start getting into it. This thread is making want to consider a 3.5 as well. I think it will be great all around tool for non camp stuff.

Oh ok good. I wasn't quite sure where you were located. Do the police do random searches on people out there? Maybe you can have one with you in backpack with a small survival kit and some camping gear.

Oh ok good. I wasn't quite sure where you were located. Do the police do random searches on people out there? Maybe you can have one with you in backpack with a small survival kit and some camping gear.

Singapore is a small island country, a sovereign city state on its own just at the southern tip of western Malaysia. Though not so frequently, the police here does do occasional searches, only provided they are suspicious of something or someone. Otherwise it is peace and harmony all year round. In fact Singapore is so small, peaceful and so safe, the idea of a survival kit, weapons for self defense, and bug out bag seems so alien to the general population here. It is in itself a country as well as a huge city and there is hardly any place here we could really camp and chop wood. Most people here would panic at the sight of someone wielding a knife. Only when I travel to the neighboring islands to camp would I really bring along my knife. How boring for someone who loves knives.

Man that must be a trip to live out there! My buddy and his fiancé both work at the Citibank headquarters out there and they love it more than living in the US. I guess I'm used to having a little chaos in my life.
It must be a pain not being able to carry something on you daily. I feel naked if I don't have a knife on me.

The smaller blade on the bottom is what I edc when I'm not at work. It comes in around 3.25. I also carried the necker II till my latest misfortunes.

I'm curious to hear from someone with a 3.5 who ordered a 2.7. When they get it, and the new wears off, which one they would pick up to walk out.

Haha! That's why I bought myself a Hinderer XM18 for concealed carry. Wish there is a flipper style folder from Survived! one day. I would be in for one!

Wow at least you chose a nice folder! I've never owned a Hinderer but I've had quite a few ZT's and I love the flipper function on them. It makes it really easy for lefties like me. The 0900 was my favorite just because of its small size.

The smaller blade on the bottom is what I edc when I'm not at work. It comes in around 3.25. I also carried the necker II till my latest misfortunes.
That's a nice knife. Is that from the local knife maker that did your dads knife?

I'm curious to hear from someone with a 3.5 who ordered a 2.7. When they get it, and the new wears off, which one they would pick up to walk out.
That'll be a great question to hear about!

I carry a 3.5 in a pocket sheath from KSF.
20150827%20IMG_5714.JPG

It has an extra pocket that holds a variety of stuff depending on my mood in the morning and my intended schedule. Some days it's a firesteel, some days a flashlight, and sometimes it's a stick of Chapstick. :)

B

Back