3 knife combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a 3.5/5.1/small axe or Tomahawk or folding saw combo

I'd go with:

12 (when it shows up)

If I wasn't including a chopper (which I usually don't because I have a Silky Ultra Accel) I'd go:

Starbenza 25

The 3.5 is paired with my 6 when I'm camping and it also acts as my rabbit and squirrel processor. Also great for field dressing a deer. I carry my 4.1 when I'm riding or just on a day hike with the pup. The 5 comes with me when I'm hiking with friends and feel I could need something bigger but also only need one tool along with my folder.

197c49565aa6a24caff12cc8c45dbd6c.jpg

Is that the camo Micarta you have thereManOfSteel89? I wasn't sure which color to go for when I preordered the 7/7. I kind of liked green Micarta and black may be a little too common, but ended up getting the camo.

Is that the camo Micarta you have thereManOfSteel89? I wasn't sure which color to go for when I preordered the 7/7. I kind of liked green Micarta and black may be a little too common, but ended up getting the camo.

That is the camo. I love the look. I have had all the micarta colors they make at this point besides red I think.

That is the camo. I love the look. I have had all the micarta colors they make at this point besides red I think.

Your sample looks great! The photo on the Survive! website is too small and I wasn't sure if I would like the color of the camo.

I could not recall the sheath color. I think I opted for black and is kind of regretting my decision. Thought I would prefer dark earth.

Personally, I think camo and black will look pretty darn good. You can always buy another sheath or maybe trade with someone later on. You might like it once it is in your hands!

Personally, I think camo and black will look pretty darn good. You can always buy another sheath or maybe trade with someone later on. You might like it once it is in your hands!

Shouldn't be an issue. Black is not ugly. It's just too common. I can live with it but I plan to get the dark earth ones if I do order the 5.1 with green Micarta.

Good choice on the camo. It goes well with all of their sheath colors. I really like the camo and black the best.
1f3a0cab3433d86b3f0d18e8bb0bef30.jpg

For some reason I argue with myself a lot on two-knife combos. But clarity comes when choosing a three-knife combo in the Survive! line. My picks would be a 3.5, a 5.1, and a 10. Easy-peasy :D

I like a 3.5/5.1/small axe or Tomahawk or folding saw combo

I'd like to see Guy's take on a modern tomahawk. It might bump the 10 for me.

Last edited:
2 knives??? I'd be seriously torn between a 4.1 and 10 vs 2.7 and 6.

A SURVIVE! tomahawk would be awesome. There had been a mention of a pipe dream of a pack ax/full tang hatchet. That I'd also love to see :D

Thanks bud. I think you'll be pretty happy with it. It looks great and it's nice and grippy.

Decided to go with GSO 3.5 (20CV), 5.1 (3V) and 8 (3V). Hope this works well,thank you all :).

Added a 4.1 to my pre-order today. So now I have a 4.1 and 7/7.

I am hoping that I could purchase the 5.1 when all pre-orders have been fulfilled.

Added a 4.1 to my pre-order today. So now I have a 4.1 and 7/7.

I am hoping that I could purchase the 5.1 when all pre-orders have been fulfilled.
4.1-5.1-7/7 nice combo!
What made you decide to choose 7/7 before 8 or 10?

4.1-5.1-7/7 nice combo!
What made you decide to choose 7/7 before 8 or 10?

I guess one of the contributing factor has got to do with knowing the 7/7 is next on the production line after the 4.1.

Also, the authorities in my country. Technically there isn't really a law governing the ownership of knives as long as it is not more than 12 inches in blade length, is not an automatic, and not a dual edge. Neither is there a specific law governing when we could carry a knife. But there is a law here that authorizes the police to arrest someone based on suspicions of gang or criminal activities if he possesses a knife more than an inch in blade length. So in another word, I better be able to justify why I am carrying a knife. I can justify myself if I am in the outdoors but I try to keep my knives as compact as possible so other more touchy people may not feel too threatened with the presence of a large knife and start calling in the cops.

The final reason is that I was touched to know that the 7/7 is the only knife with model designation not correlating to the blade length but rather the date of passing of Guy Seiferd's best friend, because I too lost my best friend to cancer, with whom I had been camping and hiking with regularly for more than a decade.

I guess one of the contributing factor has got to do with knowing the 7/7 is next on the production line after the 4.1.

Also, the authorities in my country. Technically there isn't really a law governing the ownership of knives as long as it is not more than 12 inches in blade length, is not an automatic, and not a dual edge. Neither is there a specific law governing when we could carry a knife. But there is a law here that authorizes the police to arrest someone based on suspicions of gang or criminal activities if he possesses a knife more than an inch in blade length. So in another word, I better be able to justify why I am carrying a knife. I can justify myself if I am in the outdoors but I try to keep my knives as compact as possible so other more touchy people may not feel too threatened with the presence of a large knife and start calling in the cops.

The final reason is that I was touched to know that the 7/7 is the only knife with model designation not correlating to the blade length but rather the date of passing of Guy Seiferd's best friend, because I too lost my best friend to cancer, with whom I had been camping and hiking with regularly for more than a decade.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back