3 knife combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you're going to carry a 3 blade set up (I do sometimes), then you'll need pants for it that can bring it all together and fit perfectly.

I call these the, "Perfect Storm".

My pick would be 3.5, 5.1, and the 12. That should cover everything.

1qh353.jpg
[/IMG]
4hp1qt.jpg
[/IMG]
wlx9i8.jpg
[/IMG]
149c8wy.jpg
[/IMG]

Hale Storm, that's a darn beautiful setup. Doesn't it get too heavy and uncomfortable? Like all the weight is on one side of your pants?

That's their 20 inch model? Or there about. I don't know a lot about axes sorry for all the questions. How does the edge hold u?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a 20". Also, edge retention had been great fit what I have used it for. Not really hard wood yet.

I've only ever bought cheap axes and they don't keep a very good edge. I have an old ax that was handed down from my great grandfather (use to run a saw mill) and it keeps an excellent edge and is razor sharp. I been looking at some Hudson bay axes since MoS said something about them.

I like my 10, gets a lot of use scraping bark and chopping up branches or limbing out trees :thumbup:

P1020118.JPG

I ended up selling my GSO-5.1 to fund another project, but it was a great size for an "all around" knife...

IMG_0667.JPG

... though I'd consider it a bit big hunting or hiking, GSO-4.1 or SK4 or 3.5 suits me better there, though I don't have a 3.5 (but my pre-order will come someday)

GSO-4.1%252520Comparison%252520007.JPG

Why don't I own a gso10????????

I'm still trying to decide on an 8 or 10. Will prob end up with both :-/

I got a 10 in the first offering and didn't feel justified getting an 8 now, but then again I just went ahead and ordered a skinny Ratweiler from the Swamp, that'll be my first knife in that size-range.

The GSO-10 is like a short/stout machete (of which there are many on the market), which means it may be a bit long for taking places where all you really need is a "camp knife" like the GSO-8, the 8 is more compact so probably preferable in such circumstances. I'll probably end up with an 8 to at least try it out...

I got a 10 in the first offering and didn't feel justified getting an 8 now, but then again I just went ahead and ordered a skinny Ratweiler from the Swamp, that'll be my first knife in that size-range.

The GSO-10 is like a short/stout machete (of which there are many on the market), which means it may be a bit long for taking places where all you really need is a "camp knife" like the GSO-8, the 8 is more compact so probably preferable in such circumstances. I'll probably end up with an 8 to at least try it out...

Yes, I've pretty much decided on an 8. I just sold my Basic 8 (because the choil was uncomfortable), and I love my 5.1, but I want something slightly bigger that I can use both like a "Nata" and for kitchen and camping. I think the 8 can be perfect for that. :) (But also that Fiddleback Camp Knife - yum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back