3 Patrol Machetes (let's see yours)

Does any of you fortunate souls who have one of these mythical blades, also have a Parangatang?
I'd love a side by side comparison….. Please, and Thank You!

Since I Beckerized mine, I can pretend to have an idea of what your blades feel like, but really, idk?
I'd jump on a production run of these in a Heartbeat!!!

I’ve been fortunate over the last couple of years to acquire 3 BK6’s. As you can tell by my sig, I kinda like ‘em.

After having a BK4 parkerized by Dexwithers a few years back I sent one of the 6’s off to him for a Parkerizing bath.

After seeing what a great job 91bravo did blasting a couple Becker blades I sent one off to him for blasting. I’ve had them both back for a while and promised months ago to puts some pics up of all three of them together. Well here they are.

Top: Original. I’ve done nothing to this one but oil it from time to time. I’ve used this one but as you can tell, not that much.

Middle: Parkerized. Dex does a fantastic job. This blade had been used quite a bit so I stripped this one and sanded it some to smooth it out before sending to Dex for a bath. I really like the color and smooth finish of a parkerized blade.

Bottom: Sandblasted by 91bravo. He also does an incredible job.

Both 91bravo and Dex are masters at sharpening. The blades they sent back to me are now what I call sticky sharp. You touch the sharp parts and you will bleed. Thanks to Ethan for incredible blades. Thanks to Dex and 91bravo for applying there masterful work. I’ve never met either one of them but hope to someday. They both seem like great examples of what human beings are supposed to be like.

Let’s see some 6’s. I know some of you have them and some of you have multiples. Let’s see ‘em.

i-cHc3FZ3-X3.jpg

i-mtPnmM5-X3.jpg

i-jDHqfBC-X3.jpg

i-T6s8mZn-X3.jpg
Great looking set, The Patrol Machete is the only one I'm missing in my "Becker Holy Grail" collection. I need to post some photo the awesome work 91Bravo has done for me on a BK1 Brute as well.

Does any of you fortunate souls who have one of these mythical blades, also have a Parangatang?

Since I Beckerized mine, I can pretend to have an idea of what your blades feel like, but really, idk?
I'm in the same boat, I guess the Parangatang is the poor man's Patrol Machete...

The BK6 is the one elusive Becker I really wanted but haven't been able to get for the last 8 or 9 years. I came close on a couple fleabay auctions and almost got one on the bf sale area but was 2min too late! Some of them do come up at fair prices but go fast. Lately prices have been a little too high for me to feel comfortabe buying it to make a 'user'

Not really the Parangatang is thinner not that it's a bad thing :D WHOOPS! My mistake I thought the Patrol Machetes were 1/4":rolleyes: Thanks to Bladite's Data Base:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you are really super committed to looking good deals will pop up. I'm sitting on three right now. My first bk6 was the one I spent the most money on ($225ish if I recall) because I was impatient. I definitely paid too much because it was used, which I was okay with at the time because I wanted a user. However, it has come to be my opinion that beckers aren't about $200+ users. My next two I have are both BNIB and I paid $75 for one and $150 for the other. Patience is the key.

I'm down from 4 to 2 Patrols now. One was traded to @91bravo knowing he was going to gift it to The Warrior The Warrior . And the second i traded to AL @azwelke for a Couple of awesome sheaths. One for my user Patrol which I got from knifejunkie1928 knifejunkie1928 and the other sheath was for my Bk21 which I had gotten in trade from 91bravo. Every Patrol stayed within the Brotherhood. Dubz Patrol is the one I took a picture of in front of the Statue of Liberty

I'm down from 4 to 2 Patrols now. One was traded to @91bravo knowing he was going to gift it to The Warrior The Warrior . And the second i traded to AL @azwelke for a Couple of awesome sheaths. One for my user Patrol which I got from knifejunkie1928 knifejunkie1928 and the other sheath was for my Bk21 which I had gotten in trade from 91bravo. Every Patrol stayed within the Brotherhood. Dubz Patrol is the one I took a picture of in front of the Statue of Liberty
That was a Great Pic Tanker :thumbsup::thumbsup: Tanker set me straight the Database has two thicknesses for the 6 is it .188 or .250 ?
View attachment 1222454
I'am confused :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would be up for a trade if anyone finds a extra Patrol Machete under the workbench or behind the beer fridge. I prefer a "User", don't think I could bring myself to scratch up a NIB safe queen.

My BK6 pictures were apparently way back in 2015 - lost to photobucket & computer change. I'll put this thread on growing list of "Pictures Promised"...

This picture perfectly illustrates my one concern about the 6.

A few weeks back I was chopping into a log and my 6 got stuck. As I’ve done a million times before with other blades, I started to free it by pushing the handle down to then up to rock it back and forth. Perhaps I was doing it a bit rough, but when I pushed it down, my 6 flexed at the thinnest part of the blade (right above the scales). I immediately felt it bend to the right; it was a very uneasy feeling which I haven’t felt with any other blade in similar usage. I thought I had bent the blade. I pulled the handle up next and it came free. There was no permanent bend in the blade but ever since then it has made me more cautious when I swing it.

That’s why I wouldn’t mind it in .250 thickness. :thumbsup:

Back