3 Patrol Machetes (let's see yours)

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer ...
b6kuoT3.jpg

oK6wCWY.jpg

UIvGr4W.jpg
Sweet buttery goodness right There..... :D Thank You!!!
Now you need one like Mine...having the best of Both worlds...haha
I have some pics buried here somewhere of my Bastard.

Damn that’s a nice Blade!!!

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 I really thought I was going to get scolded here, for doing it....
I really don't mean for it to be blasphemous...haha
But the knife went from being almost hated... and with the help of Mr. Becker's scales.... Became my favorite Becker... :/
haha.

This picture perfectly illustrates my one concern about the 6.

A few weeks back I was chopping into a log and my 6 got stuck. As I’ve done a million times before with other blades, I started to free it by pushing the handle down to then up to rock it back and forth. Perhaps I was doing it a bit rough, but when I pushed it down, my 6 flexed at the thinnest part of the blade (right above the scales). I immediately felt it bend to the right; it was a very uneasy feeling which I haven’t felt with any other blade in similar usage. I thought I had bent the blade. I pulled the handle up next and it came free. There was no permanent bend in the blade but ever since then it has made me more cautious when I swing it.

That’s why I wouldn’t mind it in .250 thickness. :thumbsup:

Yeah you definitely have to pick your battles with the Patrol Machete. Clearing paths and delimbing felled trees is how I use mine. I remember the name when I use it. Patrol = lite and Machete= thin and long
It freaked me out a bit, I must say. I pulled it out, and finished up with the BK9. After seeing that, I won't be batonning with the 6 anymore.

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 I really thought I was going to get scolded here, for doing it....
I really don't mean for it to be blasphemous...haha
But the knife went from being almost hated... and with the help of Mr. Becker's scales.... Became my favorite Becker... :/
haha.
I did the same thing on an old ass Machete I’ve had since I was a teenager. The handle broke so I improvised. I’ll post up a picture later.

Will we ever see these back in production, or are they gone forever like the Brute?

A long time ago Ka-Bar talked about bringing back the bk1 and the bk6. However Ka-Bar wanted them to be made overseas and Ethan was strongly against his product not being made in the US. So who knows it might happen one day. The bk6 is more likely to return than the bk1 though.

... Perhaps I was doing it a bit rough, but when I pushed it down, my 6 flexed at the thinnest part of the blade (right above the scales). I immediately felt it bend to the right;

When I bought one (used), it showed up bent. It did straighten up, but I was concerned about putting enough back bend into it to land back straight and true. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of bending and straightening. :cool:
sLcg2Fn.jpg

A long time ago Ka-Bar talked about bringing back the bk1 and the bk6. However Ka-Bar wanted them to be made overseas and Ethan was strongly against his product not being made in the US. So who knows it might happen one day. The bk6 is more likely to return than the bk1 though.
I agree and I thoroughly respect the Boss sticking to his guns on this. :thumbsup:
When I bought one (used), it showed up bent. It did straighten up, but I was concerned about putting enough back bend into it to land back straight and true. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of bending and straightening. :cool:
sLcg2Fn.jpg
Another example why we need a reissue in that sweet KABAR 1095cv at .250 thickness. :)

I've got a Bk6 sitting in my safe that I stopped using when Ethan told me they would break pretty commonly at that spot right where it's thinnest, above the grips.
Not for sale, I promised it to my boy years ago. I'm guessing so he can break it at "that spot".

That Parangatang looks legit. Tomars has a good price on those right now.

Will we ever see these back in production, or are they gone forever like the Brute?

Sounds like we might have another show us yours thread coming, featuring the Brute/BK1

Back