3 Scenarios, what do you bring

The practical side of me hates these kinds of discussions, but... Since everyone is getting their final 3.5's and first rounds of 4.1's I thought i'd pose 3 scenarios, all of which survive! seems to make knives for:

1.EDC
2.Normal Camping Hiking
3.Only tool for a week in the woods - unsupported

Some of you guys have or have had a ton of these knives, so you will have a more varied set of answers

for me:

1. 3.5 (necker 2 if i had one)
2. 4.1
3. 5.0 (on order)

Not terribly imaginative on my choices, but I'm hoping for a spirited and fun debate! I know this isn't a terribly practical question, as we all have a varied array of knives we use, but thought it might be fun since everyone is getting new knives!

1. 4.1
2. 4.1 and 10
3. 10

These are the only two Survive! Knives in 3v I own. Works perfectly for me.

Regards,
d-1

Out of the knives I currently have or soon to have......

1: Necker II --- soon to be 2.7
2: 3.5
3: 5.1

Last edited:
The practical side of me hates these kinds of discussions, but...

Alright boys and girls let's all close our eyes and use our imaginations! :p

Only picking one blade for each and choosing from the entire line, not just what I have:

1. 2.7
2. 5 or 4.7
3. 10, especially if this is my only tool not just only knife

Bennieboo, I'm a little disappointed you didn't pick the 12 for all three categories :rolleyes:

I like seeing all the different answers, very interesting. It also speaks to the wide range and versatility of the GSO line. Cool thread!

Last edited:
Easy:
1.EDC - 4.1
2.Normal Camping Hiking - 5.1
3.Only tool for a week in the woods - unsupported 7/7

BUT...normally for scenarios 2 & 3 I would have a 4.1 as well and a NII - I always over pack!

Alright boys and girls let's all close our eyes and use our imaginations! :p

Only picking one blade for each and choosing from the entire line, not just what I have:

1. 2.7
2. 5 or 4.7
3. 10, especially if this is my only tool not just only knife

Bennyboo, I'm a little disappointed you didn't pick the 12 for all three categories :rolleyes:

I like seeing all the different answers, very interesting. It also speaks to the wide range and versatility of the GSO line. Cool thread!

I totally might be only having like 5 12s and one 10 and 3.5 soon.
Gonna post two tens for sale I think.

The practical side of me hates these kinds of discussions, but... Since everyone is getting their final 3.5's and first rounds of 4.1's I thought i'd pose 3 scenarios, all of which survive! seems to make knives for:

1.EDC
2.Normal Camping Hiking
3.Only tool for a week in the woods - unsupported

Picking from existing models

1. 3.5
2. 3.5, 5.1 and 10 if I'm driving to camp. 5.1 only for a hike.
3. 5.1

Picking from upcoming/theoretical models (what the heck, a guy can dream, right??!!)

1. 2.7
2. 4.7 and 12. 4.7 only for a hike.
3. GSO 8!!!!! :)

So, two options, based on what I've got, and what I'll have (some day...)

What I've got:

1. 3.5
2. 4.1
3. 5.1

What I will have:

1. 3.5 mark II or GSO FOLDER!!! (Guy, please post some sketches! ;) )
2. 4.7
3. 5.1 or 8

Great thread, my answers are pretty much the same as OP, but for a week in the woods I'd go for the 5.1 over the 5, just to get a bit of extra length for light chopping and bear stabbing.

1. 3.5
2. 4.1
3. 5.1

I don't have the new 7/7, but it could replace the 6 and 7/7 on this list.
4.1 (s90v)
7/7

1. 4.1
2. 4.1
3. 4.1

As you might of guessed, the 4.1 is the only SURVIVE! I have. I wanted a simplistic approach. I have a mag pouch attached with survival goodies in it because lets face it, the only knife that'll do you any good in a survival situation is the one you have on you. So when I head outdoors, I grab my 4.1. I might be going fishing or hiking or whatever takes me out. It's light enough to not weigh me down but big enough to get the job done?

1. 4.1
2. 4.1
3. 4.1

As you might of guessed, the 4.1 is the only SURVIVE! I have. I wanted a simplistic approach. I have a mag pouch attached with survival goodies in it because lets face it, the only knife that'll do you any good in a survival situation is the one you have on you. So when I head outdoors, I grab my 4.1. I might be going fishing or hiking or whatever takes me out. It's light enough to not weigh me down but big enough to get the job done?

I like your style!

Back