3 Scenarios, what do you bring

thats what I have always seen, i thought it was going to crush in this poll. I'll say it again, I'm not a huge choil fan, but the 5.1 is the kinda knife that a choil works on.

It really does work well but I couldn't get used to it. For some reason the choil on the 10 comes natural for me. It doesn't make sense!

The numbers are in! because I'm a nerd, and I figure if I'm going to ask a question like this I should compile the info. Here are the current winners:

1 - (tie) 3.5/4.1 with 6 votes
2 - 4.1
3 - 5.1

The 5.1 was a come from behind winner in the "only tool" category just ahead of the 10... i will keep my spread sheet updated and if we get more responses I'll post an update! Thanks for all the responses guys!

One last fun fact, the 4.1 got the most votes total at 14, the 5.1 was next with 12.

Very nice to see the numbers added up. When I was first getting into S! knives and even when I knew more about them it always seemed like the 4.1 and 5.1 were the most popular and discussed and reviewed and available.

The 4.1 is such a great size. Since the 5.1 got so many votes does that mean that, not only is the knife popular, but that there are more choil lovers than choil haters???

I think it would be good to run another "scenario thread" like this after the masses have handled the new 2015 models.
I'm very interested to see how many votes the 4.7 would get.

Last edited:
I think it would be good to run another "scenario post" like this after the masses have handled the new 2015 models.
I'm very interested to see how many votes the 4.7 would get.

I'd vote for the 4.7! I think. I guess I have a lot to try between now and then =)

Redwood was really onto something with this thread. I can't wait to form my own opinions and hear the opinions of others when the new stuff comes out.

We can definitly keep it running, or even do a new vs old etc etc. I think depending on where you are your knife needs will vary, which is likely why the midsized knives got so much love.

It'll be interesting to see how this changes when we get the 5's and the new GSO models!

Back