#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Last one before giving it a rest, sorry guys. She’s officially ready for the next sausage duty with a proper edge now. Wasn’t impressed with how she cut earlier out of the tube.
QaVzaxs.jpg

Well, I had to fry up a couple kielbasa’s and open a beer in celebration. Happy to report, this knife does everything it is advertised to do. Fit and finish is just superb, GEC continues to kill it. Walk and talk on the spear and fork are snappy. Pull would be a five, I’d agree with Joel. The beard refuse tool, I would say is a 1.5. Although, it will not shake out no matter what you do, so I’m happy with it. It combs and got kielbasa and bun crumbs out of my beard just as advertised. I am very damn happy with this knife, and it will get used. No flipping for me. To bad not everyone sees eye to eye on this one! It’s fantastic. Only thing that bums me out is I will not be able to use it for Oktoberfest this year. (Thanks corona).
RI7GzGy.jpg

foERbMD.jpg

CZqybkR.jpg

The all important photos of you stabbing the sausage and simultaneously cutting it are absent. This is why I think this is form over function...sounds cool but in practice just doesn't work unless you have another knife (or fork). Enjoy, they look nice, but I'll stick with a Hobo.

I'm looking forward to getting mine.

I think these are going to be a lasting hit. They touch on so many market niches: people who are fired up about their beards, people who are fired up about beer, people who are fired up about "manly" or "grilling" food like sausage, people who like weird knives, and people who appreciate GEC's quirkiness. Plus, although they probably won't get the "can't be made again" designation like the Beer Scout, I doubt they'll be make again.

I might have already posted all this, I can't remember if I actually ended up submitting the post.

Also, I honestly think I liked the look of the nail nick better, and I think it would have been easier to access.

Contrary to how hollywood portrays them, viking danes were very concerned with their grooming habits. This looks like it may have been right up their alley. Heres a list of things history says they were occupied with:
Grooming? Check.
Cutting/stabbing? Check.
Drinking? Check.
Feasting? Check.

Contrary to how hollywood portrays them, viking danes were very concerned with their grooming habits. This looks like it may have been right up their alley. Heres a list of things history says they were occupied with:
Grooming? Check.
Cutting/stabbing? Check.
Drinking? Check.
Feasting? Check.

I believe that also the wealthier ones wore quite fancy clothes - opposed to the stylished homeless fashion that hollywood does.

The all important photos of you stabbing the sausage and simultaneously cutting it are absent. This is why I think this is form over function...sounds cool but in practice just doesn't work unless you have another knife (or fork). Enjoy, they look nice, but I'll stick with a Hobo.
In my mind I had envisioned a party with a platter of pre-cut chunks of sausage with a little cup of toothpicks. Instead of using toothpicks, you would just use the little fork to grab a sausage chunk.

I am anxiously awaiting my ebony and jigged bone variants. Production photos are looking great.

Last one before giving it a rest, sorry guys. She’s officially ready for the next sausage duty with a proper edge now. Wasn’t impressed with how she cut earlier out of the tube.
QaVzaxs.jpg
I was definitely interested in the jigged bone primarily and the ebony secondarily. But who knew the micarta would look SO DANG GOOD!? :cool:

Someone else will enjoy the one you don’t get I am sure!

The all important photos of you stabbing the sausage and simultaneously cutting it are absent. This is why I think this is form over function
Slice all your pieces first, and then feed yourself with the fork.

GEC really failed by not using Sausage Party on the shield.
I guess if that's something you're interested in.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that you only carry one knife at any given time?? Come on you can be honest here ;)

Slice all your pieces first, and then feed yourself with the fork.

I guess if that's something you're interested in.

No, I've been to lots of parties, but never a sausage party. I was replying to Sacto's Sausage Party post.

Back