#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

YqofC5s.jpg

Unfortunately the one from BladeHQ was not to be found in the warehouse. I then had an eBay offer accepted only to be refused after I inquired about a shipping upgrade. The quest continues!
Still looking for a Sleeve ?

Harry

O man.... just placed an order for an ebony b&s and a sleeve. I wasn't able to get one on the initial drop and have stayed strong not giving in to paying scalper prices but I must have had a mental lapse in judgement just now. Now I know I have a problem...

Anyone else still rockin’ the B&S?

Mine is still a daily carry, but I think it’ll get replaced by the Urban Jack (the Big Brother).

View attachment 1507113
Mine travels the whole 20’ between the bar and the home office daily.

I haven’t been overly excited or impressed with anything from GEC since the 23 and B&S. I may be done with GEC till they do a run of 43s, if they ever do them again.

Anyone else still rockin’ the B&S?

Mine is still a daily carry, but I think it’ll get replaced by the Urban Jack (the Big Brother).

View attachment 1507113
I still carry mine regularly. I really like it. I’ve been using it on the weekend, as my sepia TC Barlow has had weekday duties lately.

I think the urban trapper looks good, also. Hopefully I can get my hands on one.

I always thought the comb (or BRR Tool or whatever you want to call it) was an unnecessary and somewhat silly addition to these knives… so I had glennbad glennbad remove it from my Ebony Beer & Sausage. Now this is how these should have come from the factory! :cool: (Just my opinion, of course.)

DaxGcB2.jpg

ooJ5awl.jpg

Silly or not, I didn’t see any sense in wasting the comb and its spring, so Glenn put this together for me as well.

MgvH5B1.jpg

Jd1kPx0.jpg

3X7msg0.jpg

Of course Glenn did a great job on both, and even fixed the bit of side-to-side blade play the main blade had when I got it.

I always thought the comb (or BRR Tool or whatever you want to call it) was an unnecessary and somewhat silly addition to these knives… so I had glennbad glennbad remove it from my Ebony Beer & Sausage. Now this is how these should have come from the factory! :cool: (Just my opinion, of course.)

DaxGcB2.jpg

ooJ5awl.jpg

Silly or not, I didn’t see any sense in wasting the comb and its spring, so Glenn put this together for me as well.

MgvH5B1.jpg

Jd1kPx0.jpg

3X7msg0.jpg

Of course Glenn did a great job on both, and even fixed the bit of side-to-side blade play the main blade had when I got it.
Wow! That comb delete is fantastic!

That little side comb was a good idea too.

DaxGcB2.jpg

ooJ5awl.jpg

MgvH5B1.jpg

Jd1kPx0.jpg

3X7msg0.jpg

Yes, much nicer now. I took a bit of grief from others criticizing the Beer and Sauage knife…if comb would have been designed to strain for cocktail, ok but alas it wasn’t. It came out when GEC was changing their business model. I figured some investors were needed and Bill Howard said:

“Look, I can sell anything I make…to prove it, what’s the one universal everybody hates? … right, hair in their food! I’ll make a knife that guarantees you will get hair in your food AND if I can sell that, GEC is obviously a good investment.”

Well the B&S sold quickly after a lot of hype (notice the extreme drop off in discussions of this knife), GEC got new equipment, SFOs were dropped, and we have the extremely crazy market we are seeing for GECs now…pure speculation of course … or is it?????

Back