.38 Special!!

If he hadn't done St. Pauls, I wouldn't have remembered him. I toured England and sung a few concerts from within the wooden Quire he carved behind the organ. It's really lovely.

Needless to say, both knife names are very appropriate. Somebody(s) put some time into naming these patterns. Well done! :thumbup:

Just when I think there is nothing coming up I'm interested in.... :)

I am down to a list of like 10 knives to get that I am interested in.
Of course, this list grows almost every time Charlie gets involved
in a knife project....

Needless to say, both knife names are very appropriate. Somebody(s) put some time into naming these patterns. Well done! :thumbup:

Those names came from the fertile minds of GEC and Co!

There could be a book written about the names they give the various patterns and sub-patterns!

Charlie, can you tell us the spec differences between the Tidioute and Northfield Farmer Jacks for this run?

And here I was going to go with the obscure but endearing Grinling Brothers.

You know, the ones with the second-rate circus.

bag.gif~original

~ P.

(Great stuff, Charlie.)

Haha, Grinling Bros...!
This is very exciting! I love to see a modern company do a successful reissue of an old, traditional pattern, and this pattern is one that catches my eye. Sweet!

bag.gif~original

~ P.

(Great stuff, Charlie.)

Ba-dum!! She'll be playing in the Catskills all weekend, folks. Try the veal, it's delicious. ;):D

bag.gif~original

~ P.

(Great stuff, Charlie.)

I laughed out loud,thanks Sarah.From what I've read elsewhere Grinling Sisters is taken. Micro joke,it's a little blue.

Uh-Oh.

Have we already gone to press? ;)

:D

~ P.
She didn't say we without a reason.

This is amazing! I've wanted to see a GEC pattern similar to a Case 80 "carpenter's whittler or a Schrade 804 for a long time. Thanks so much for making this happen gentlemen!!!

They've done split springs in the past, haven't they? On the conductor whittler, for one... and a few others, or am I mistaken? I also am looking forward to this split-spring. When they're done right, they're very appealing. :thumbup:

Very excited to see how GEC pulls off the split-spring!

Just for clarification, is this going to be a true split-spring? Like, one Y shaped piece of metal? Or is it going to be the more common two spring whittler where the main blade straddles both springs?

I had assumed that myself, but that picture from the Oregon Knife Club says split back spring. I don't know if they've used that wording on other whittlers. I haven't seen it if they have. Got me all worked up. :glee:

Back