1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

4.1 Seconds Order Average shipping Time

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by -Lucky-, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    WHAT IS MY DEAL?!?
    @Oyster, thanks.
    @dogboye I stumbled into the Twighlight Zone and totally lost what model we're talking about. Oyster is right and I started confusing things talking about my 6 order. Maybe I got excited because our order numbers are similar? Sorry.

dogboye, CataD, Oyster and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

^The way I feel on most Mondays :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Oyster likes this.
  3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Sorry Matt. I searched for a coffee > tea meme but it was a no go. Also, why the heck isn't there a stick-poking emoji??!!! :confused:

Oyster likes this.
  4. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Knives have a way of getting people a little over-excited. Add mondays into the mix and, well... hold on! :)

Hard Knocks and Silver Needle like this.
  5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    2015-08-25-1440538534-7002988-uhohsounds.jpg

Hahaha! I love it.
    Coffee, tea, bourbon... I need a double shot of something.

Oyster likes this.
  6. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    :D Well said!

Lol. I think I'll have a double shot of Monkey Shoulder. That seems right for tonight :) Cheers bud!

Silver Needle and Oyster like this.
  7. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I'll add to the thread so we can get out of the T. Zone :D. I have a 4.1 order #64xx from Aug 2015 - awaiting fulfillment. Hopefully I'll see it soon :)

Cheers,
    C.

8. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Hey C.,

F2?

Cheers,
    C

9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    No worries!

Silver Needle and Oyster like this.
  10. CataD

Oct 2, 2013
    Nope, it's a F1

11. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Had that sneaky feeling we weren’t quite out of the “zone” yet... ;-)

With F1s, F2s, starters, pre-orders etc etc etc it gets pretty confusing...

12. CataD

Oct 2, 2013
    Yeah, mine is a F1 pre-order I believe (not Starter)..

Cheers,
    C.

13. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Still waiting on an 4.1 ugly betty from August that I assumed had to be ready to go if it was already given that designation.

14. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I bet the blank is ready and they are working through handle scales to give the worst of the lot to the bettys ;)

15. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Maybe they're waiting for a mismatched pair. :D

One orange g-10 and one camo micarta. That'd be, uh, different.

chiral.grolim likes this.
  16. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That WOULD be a reasonable assumption... for most knife companies....

17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Except that this thread (about how late the 4.1 seconds are) was started on July 28th.

18. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    It will start getting less confusing. We are working on getting all of the orders from the weekly sales fulfilled and any additional GSO-4.1s and GSO-7/7s (firsts or seconds) will probably only be available on a quarterly basis. There won't be anymore Presale ordering. The GSO-3.5 and GSO-12 are the last Starter Campaign models and there are much less of those orders than there were for previous models. We've tried a lot of different things to try and find what works best for everyone and I think we have a pretty good system figured out for the future. But we still have to work our way through the past. Until we are fully caught up, there will probably still be some confusion.

We have some pretty ugly blades that had been piling up in the workshop. We also have some ugly handles. The two groups haven't been put together yet. We consider those orders to be weekly sales, which are being fulfilled in the order that they were placed. When we get to those August orders, we'll start the handle fitment and building process. In the meantime, they are in a bin waiting their turn.

19. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Oh dear, now I don’t know where my F2 order falls under the above explanation and what that means....
    Was it part of a “weekly sale”? Or is it part of the group (“additional”) that will only become available on a quarterly basis? How to tell?

20. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    If you have an order in for a Factory 2nd it would be one of our weekly sales that we are currently working on fulfilling.

Oyster likes this.