4 Max Scout

I've been cut a few times due to lock failure.

Older brother severed a tendon in his thumb from lock failure. Had surgery to reattach.
Oh lord that’s gotta hurt. I fortunately caught it before it went too deep but these happen.

3pfeMk3h.jpg

I haven't seen this mentioned here or in any YT reviews yet.... How's the 4Max Scout's handle compared to the AD10? I know the Scout's handle is obviously longer than the AD10. Is it thinner, thicker, same? As comfortable? Thanks.

Splat, I too would be interested but, for me, the AD-10 ergos are about perfect for my hand.

the 10s handle is more rounded at the edges which really facilitates your finger tips sliding into the blade path upon a faulty opening. the g10 probably limits that to some extend, I don't know. Im sure the 10 would be way more comfortable if you forget your circular saw and had to use your knife instead.

I haven't seen this mentioned here or in any YT reviews yet.... How's the 4Max Scout's handle compared to the AD10? I know the Scout's handle is obviously longer than the AD10. Is it thinner, thicker, same? As comfortable? Thanks.
The slabs on the Scout are much more tactile [grivex], than the G10's on the AD model. The AD-10 is probably one of nicest, and smoothest grips in the Cold Steel line-up. The Scout is also a very comfortable, and ergonomic blade.

IZlxSa2h.jpg

DGg1akdh.jpg

Got a Scout this week as a post-Covid present to myself. The fit and finish is great. No play whatsoever and the triad lock will unlock with one hand. The only complaint I have is the clip. It is too much of a good thing. I have already tried sanding under it with wet/dry paper. To no avail. I think the main issue is the lead-in on the front of the clip is so close to the handle that it will not go over the edge of my pocket without major effort. Do I just need to take it to the vice and bend it? What say you?

Got a Scout this week as a post-Covid present to myself. The fit and finish is great. No play whatsoever and the triad lock will unlock with one hand. The only complaint I have is the clip. It is too much of a good thing. I have already tried sanding under it with wet/dry paper. To no avail. I think the main issue is the lead-in on the front of the clip is so close to the handle that it will not go over the edge of my pocket without major effort. Do I just need to take it to the vice and bend it? What say you?

Wedge a nickel under the clip for few hours or a day and it'll be fine.

Could certainly take the clip off and use a vice to carefully bend the end of the clip upwards a bit more so it goes over the pocket edge easier (I actually did the opposite on my Sebby and Delica clips to close them up a bit so they didn't stick out so far while clipped...snag/scratch hazard). Just keep in mind that that is a separate issue from the stiffness of the clip.

Back