4 Max Scout

Ok, the secret to posting pictures. I’m sick of these low quality images I’m forced to upload!?
Not sure myself these days either, but ZOZ sure takes some nice photos above.^^ I've got a question as well, how's that green 4max compare to the standard version. Is it still operate as nicely?

Mine is breaking in nicely. I’ve opened and closed my first scout quite a bit so it’s a bit smoother. A coworker said the green one felt “heftier” ..... not sure what he meant but I’m glad I got an Incredible Hulk version. And a standard one. And a USA one.....

The 'exclusive' edition was a little gritty the first-few-times, I cycled the action. Could have been some post-production burrs, which is normal. After, I set the knife-up for my orientation. I added some Gibb's Lube to all the moving-parts. Cycled-it a few more times, and it smoothed-out beautifully. I haven't noticed any appreciable weight-differential between either model. The 'Hulk' is just another great iteration of a super-idea. I went with a green-themed paracord this time out. P. S. DLT was a great vendor to use, and the process was fast, and hassle-free.

mgPidIph.jpg

Here's a group photo of my three 'big-uns' on-top of the mailbox.

QWjTy0ph.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I do like that lanyard it matches the green Hulk nicely. The email I got from DLT says it's on it's way to my house, now for the wait. Thanks for the great pics and info also.

Your welcome. I'll try and get some better snaps, when the weather cooperates around here. A late, spring squall blew through, the last few days. Actually got a dose of snow. Peace, out!

I'd still like to pick up an Italian 4max day to go along with the American, Scout, and now the green hulk I just got in from DLT.
The green 4max is just perfect from what I can see. I'm not too sure about getting the newest 4max though.
I just gave my son a Scout for his 40th birthday and he's a big outdoor guy and he was really blown away by the Scout. He kept opening it and torqueing on the blade trying to get it to wobble or move.. I told him it's a stout knife and it's only going to get better with use. He said this is one tough built folder and I agreed. He was really exited about getting the Scout.

I'd still like to pick up an Italian 4max day to go along with the American, Scout, and now the green hulk I just got in from DLT.
The green 4max is just perfect from what I can see. I'm not too sure about getting the newest 4max though.
I just gave my son a Scout for his 40th birthday and he's a big outdoor guy and he was really blown away by the Scout. He kept opening it and torqueing on the blade trying to get it to wobble or move.. I told him it's a stout knife and it's only going to get better with use. He said this is one tough built folder and I agreed. He was really exited about getting the Scout.

Let's hear-it, for another upvote for the 'Hulk'. :thumbsup::cool: I liked Gravelface's mod so-much, that I did one for myself: The Dark Knight version.

PjiCJV6h.jpg

ZAlD9amh.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice I really like the feel of the Grivex over the smooth G10 on the 4Max's not too rough but just enough. I'd like to have some Micarta slabs with the grivex texture on them. It looks like someone may have a market in different colors/textures, materials in handle slabs for 4maxs. How about Textured Ti handle slabs Yeah! That's it. The all new Ti Tank! :cool:

As I stated, in the Cold Steel 'Want-List" thread. I'll be looking to pick-up some other Cold Steel knives. Second green 'Hulk' landed today. Set-up for my orientation, added a lanyard and ready for EDC-ing. I guess you could call these the DC, and Marvel Editions. I'm having a blast! :cool:

Gnbkxdjh.jpg

Yes but where is the Green Stonewashed version? What's it look like with the green scales?

I love the look of the green handled 4max but I'm always a bit surprised by descriptions of the knife as " big "or " huge." I believe it's called the 4max because the blade is only 4 " long. Cold Steel has many folders with 5.5"and 6" blades that merit the "huge "description much more.

Back