$400 can opener

I’m not here to make excuses for myself :D

tkz2Ym1.jpg

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Wait, we are supposed to use the proper tool for the job.o_O

n2s

Lol. :) Isnt that the proper tool? Years ago our grandfathers used slipjoints for that task...I’m guessing and hoping a sebenza can handle it. :D

I see some needed sharpening in your future.
To be honest with you, this is no problem for a CRK blade. No scratches or other problems if you puncture directly into the can (no prying with the tip).

I know we discuss HRC a lot in these threads, and this particular 21 would be a “soft” Sebenza from the old 58HRC days, however, I think the tuna can itself is unhardened steel that is like 20HRC or something, so the Sebenza goes into it like butter, with no adverse consequence I can detect.

I wonder if that was for you, or a furry friend? Either way, I'll bet the knife survived in good shape... i carry a Leatherman too, I would be more afraid of hurting myself than the CRK.(Klutzy)

I wonder if that was for you, or a furry friend? Either way, I'll bet the knife survived in good shape... i carry a Leatherman too, I would be more afraid of hurting myself than the CRK.(Klutzy)
Hah. Yes. Can’t open a tuna can without my dog coming running. She can hear it from 10 miles.

To be honest with you, this is no problem for a CRK blade. No scratches or other problems if you puncture directly into the can (no prying with the tip).

I know we discuss HRC a lot in these threads, and this particular 21 would be a “soft” Sebenza from the old 58HRC days, however, I think the tuna can itself is unhardened steel that is like 20HRC or something, so the Sebenza goes into it like butter, with no adverse consequence I can detect.
I was thinking the same thing. My first sebenza was a small 21 that I bought new in 2009. I was 18 at the time and carried it everyday for years. It was used for many tasks like this because it was what I had on me. The way it handled cutting a variety of materials that I thought might hurt it without any damage was one of the many reasons why I fell in love with the sebenza. It's just a great do it all knife.

You'll might even hone it a bit as the softer steel of the can glides perfectly alligned to the edge(and tip) of the blade!

Back