535-1901 Bugout with 20CV and G10 is here

Is BM 20cv much better than their s30v? I get that it should be in theory but I wasn’t sure about the heat treat.

Is BM 20cv much better than their s30v? I get that it should be in theory but I wasn’t sure about the heat treat.
I have the same question. Is the 20CV on the Bugout any better than the S30V? Benchmade is running them both at HRC 58-60, so what's the point? On my Anthem they ran the 20CV harder at 59-61. 20CV is supposed to be the American version of M390, but Benchmade hardened the M390 on my Valet to 60-62. Comparing my Benchmade knives, the M390 seems to hold its edge the best.

I have the same question. Is the 20CV on the Bugout any better than the S30V? Benchmade is running them both at HRC 58-60, so what's the point? On my Anthem they ran the 20CV harder at 59-61. 20CV is supposed to be the American version of M390, but Benchmade hardened the M390 on my Valet to 60-62. Comparing my Benchmade knives, the M390 seems to hold its edge the best.

They are both 4% vanadium stainless steels, the general differences will be slightly better edge retention for 20CV, better toughness and about the same corrosion resistance, which is very good for both due to the high chromium levels and the nitrogen additions in both, which is especially prominent in S30V.

The 20CV will have more overall carbides since it has more carbon and more chromium.

I've found 20CV to be remarkably better than S30V. I would buy this. The scales don't bother me. At least they aren't plastic.

Back