5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FOR LEFTY SHEATHS:

Please send me an email if you'd like one. I want to give you all the first dibs on them before I make them live. If you have been waiting to order a knife for the sheath, let me know so we can combine the shipping. :thumbsup:

Mine came in today five minutes before I had to leave for work (at least I got to see and hold it). It turned out beautifully and feels great in the hand. The burlap Micarta turned out waaay better than I was expecting and I really appreciate the full flat grind.

I’ll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow!

15741193442405627761744320365104.jpg 15741193735726826310217820495885.jpg 15741194010934278624598479651251.jpg

got my two. Fits sheath very snug. loop for sheath around 1.75"+-. wearing it now on 1.5" belt bit of play. can sit and has just enough give to move in sitting position. 2" belt ain't gonna work well unless only standing or leather stretches out. didnt measure just using my belt as a guide on sizing. it's really nice sheath for that style.

now the knife, just great. burlap has some grip. not too smooth, not to rough. very nicely done.

well done skblades and buck. i like the 104s and own and use all the versions, but this version feels and looks kinda like a different knife, but in a good way. turned out really great. y'all who havent, should grab before they are gone forever.

Last edited:
Got mine today, really loving the burlap texture. Great craftsmanship on the sheath too.
Thanks SK and Buck for making this one happen!
iqh7PX9.jpg

I got mine today also! I will spare you the pictures, mine looks like everyone else’s:)
I really like the grind, the handle, and the sheath. The edge came uneven but very sharp, I will put it through some yard work tomorrow when I get home from work:thumbsup:

Somehow, this is strangely reminiscent of the old story of "The Emperor's New Clothes."

I wonder why?

Oh well......we're having fun and that's all that counts.

:)

I received mine today and am nothing but pleased! I was worried about the burlap handle but my concerns were not founded. I have never held an 104 before; I love the feel in the hand.

The sheath is also awesome, and the color matches the handle perfectly. The knife fit perfectly in the sheath. Now I need to decide what I am going to do for a lanyard; maybe something to go around my wrist....

Thanks skblades!

Just received mine - very very well done! Knife and sheath both. Exceeded my expectations. Tip a little thicker than the hollow ground version too which I was pleased to see...assume bc of the flat grind. Thanks skblades skblades !

Now to consider a backup one hahaha.....

Your input is very important to us. So important, that we are doing a DRAWING TO GIVE AWAY THE FIRST KNIFE FROM THIS PROJECT.

skblades skblades did I miss it, or is there still a drawing coming for one lucky forumite? Thanks for making this project happen!

The moment is here! After compiling all the names, we've got ourselves a winner.

@Luke73 Congratulations! You have won the new 104! Thanks to everyone for participating. This knife is the one I'm most looking forward to so far this year.

I'm jealous, and I own the place!
skblades skblades did I miss it, or is there still a drawing coming for one lucky forumite? Thanks for making this project happen!
plb, post #307

Back