6" Vegetable utility knife request thread.

1.jpg~original

So there has been a little talk via PM recently about people wanting to buy the 6" Vegetable utility knife.

Nathan does not have that pattern in rotation right now.

I for one would like one, so I was wondering, how many other people are looking for one?

Maybe if enough of us are after one Nathan will be able to judge when the time is right to whip up another batch.

Maybe even a wood handled one!!

Here is a link to the last sale thread.

Who else wants one?

Last edited:
Sign me up! I'll take 1, maybe 2.

Edit: Yes, wood handled!

Last edited:
yup, if it was ambidextrous. Weren't they all for right hand use previously? I'd get one for the wife otherwise.

yup, if it was ambidextrous. Weren't they all for right hand use previously? I'd get one for the wife otherwise.

That is correct, they are ground for right-handed use. Awesome knife. We have one and I'd be in for another at least.

I own one, and it's my go to vegetable chopper. It's perfect for onions, potatoes, carrots, and anything else grew from the ground and needs chopping. Great knife.

Ah, the venerable "Potato" Knife. I know at least one person not on this forum chomping at the bit to get one.

Best vegetable knife ever. It's my sharpest knife, with that thin hollow chisel grind. I bleed just thinking about it. I would say this is by no means a chopper. I would describe its edge as "quite delicate". I wouldn't use it on winter squash or pineapple type stuff myself.

Here's a past sale: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Vegetable-Knives-SOLD?highlight=potato+knives

Maybe, Nathan, you could mirror the pattern and make a few leftys to keep you interested?
(Not that I know any leftys who want one; perhaps mention in this thread if that's the case for you)

I use ours everyday and highly recommend one........they are an incredible slicer and a steal for the price, IMHO. :)

I'd be interested in a left handed version. I switch hands fairly often (using a knife, you demented bastids) but use my left for finer cuts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Please put my name down for one of these if you ever decide to bring 'em out of retirement back into your active production roster. Thank you.

My wife loves "hers." I get to sharpen it occasionally. Dozier

Sent from my MagikBox d using Tapatalk

... oh my god ...

FINE

I'll do one last batch of the Potato Knife.

I've only made 100 of them. I can't wait to make a few more. :grumpy:

I'm diffidently down for a a couple....I'll buy a used one off of anybody should they want to part with one.

Back