#81 Bull Moose Thread

2542C9BE-1ED3-4F02-8A44-8925792FABF4.jpeg The #81 frame is a sastifyng serpentine. I have one of the stockman variation and it’s hard not to get caught up in that curve. I think these knives will be something else and I can’t wait to see some user pics once guys get them in hand.

Looks like they did well on the green jigged bone - just the right shade and color intensity. The recent rust red 35 were also well dyed.

GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

That feels like it happened quickly. I guess because the last release I was waiting for was the Churchill, and the Calf Pen's made the wait harder.

That really came out nice, when will they announce the Northfield jigged bone?

That green does look nice. I wasn't really planning on picking one of these up, but... :confused: :D

Images from GEC... jigged bone with Northfield bolsters

wha-29.jpg
Hmm? I wish they would do a Raisin Jigged (almost black) color, but I don't think that's it. Definitely is a very dark brown.

OK, the Tidioute has finally landed and these dudes are smooth. First GEC knife I have called a 9 point effort in a long time...
GE811217GB-1.jpg

Well that's good to hear! Hope it keeps up.

I'm looking forward to the #78 more and more. Especially the smooth white bone and micarta.

I'm really hoping Bill wasn't just pulling my leg when he said they might do a run of #22s soon. That'd be soooo great. Random thought.

I actually don't mind the UN-X-LD shield. The more I look at those covers the more I like them, the jigging almost reminds me of their new Rogers Jigged bone like on this years diamond Jack.

Hmm? I wish they would do a Raisin Jigged (almost black) color, but I don't think that's it. Definitely is a very dark brown.

Antique Amber...

IMG_1815.jpg

Looks like the Appaloosa has similar coloration as the 54's run earlier this year. I was hoping for something different. Hopefully the 81's end up with a high polished finish. The 54 Appaloosa is very flat looking in hand... no depth. Anyway, these have a lot of work left so there's no telling how they will turn out. I'm down for one regardless - especially now that Mike said the Tidioute 81's are a 9/10 using his scale. His scale has been pretty spot on for me.

IMG_1822.jpg

Back