#81 Bull Moose Thread

They posted pictures with assembled jigged bone and they are calling it antique amber and they have Northfiled shields, looks good.

...... especially now that Mike said the Tidioute 81's are a 9/10 using his scale. His scale has been pretty spot on for me.

This is actually what might tip the scales for me as well. I was thoroughly impressed with the F&F on the Churchill, so if these are on par or even better as is conveyed by Mike's assessment, I very well might have to scoop one up. I am kind of waiting to see how the ebony turns outs. Otherwise I will probably get one in Osage Orange or the Antique Amber if it turns out to be irresistible. :D

The finished knives look incredible.

Antique Amber...

IMG_1815.jpg

Been a lot of Antique Amber lately - 38's & 48's. Hope they are on the darker side of amber.

Personally, I’m super excited for the Appaloosa. I’m hoping for a cloud shield over the UNXLD shield, since we’re staying standard on this run.

This is a pattern i had zero interest in until the finished photos started appearing. My only concern right now is the ergonomics of the grip with a full sized blade closed. That's the single-blade / whittler enthusiast in me.

I was on the fence about this one, but after hearing Mike's assessment of the effort on this run and seeing the good-looking jigged bone options, I'm definitely going in for one. Just waiting for completed photos of the Northfield jigged bone to decided between it and the Tidioute. (Right now I think I like the bone on the Northfield more, but prefer the satin blades on the Tidioute, so it's a toss up.) I'm also curious to see the Ebony, but being a Northfield Ebony, I'm guessing it'll have the cloud shield, which I don't really like.

Hope they are on the darker side of amber.

That's probably the main reason I'm waiting to see the finished product. I'm also hopeful that it stays somewhat dark.

Last edited:
Very interested in this release, but what's this stamp mean? CKC, Is it just so obvious that it's over my head:eek:
2UaCim.jpg

This is a pattern i had zero interest in until the finished photos started appearing. My only concern right now is the ergonomics of the grip with a full sized blade closed. That's the single-blade / whittler enthusiast in me.
I'll have to hold the real knife to know for sure, but I built a scale model of the knife to check for ergonomics before buying, and what I found was that the blades filled in the hollow in the fingers nicely, combining with the hump in the back to really fill out the grip. For my own hand size and shape, it was very comfy indeed.

Hopefully the real deal feels just the same, because my plans for this knife include rather a lot of wood.

I thought something about carbon as it seemed logical but wondered what the whole abbreviation stood for:thumbsup:

Paul, here's the info GEC provided beneath a photo in the "What's Happening?" section of their website.

TsDLx40.png

(They actually edited the caption for that photo; originally it just said "carbon KEEPS cutting" with no other info.)

Back