A Barlow in Every Pocket!!!!!

I am in, ver generous GAW

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it

I plan to use this knife not only for EDC tasks, but also use it as an ambassador to all non knife people to show them why every man (and woman) should carry a pocket knife.

"Thank you Chief for your efforts to make a TC available for those in need or who cannot get one in their pocket" :D

Fundamental generosity here John, very kind and a cleverly thought out GAW. I have 2 of these fine Barlows, they satisfy a very real niche. One gets used, the other is in store just in case...:eek:

The winner will be ecstatic :thumbup:

Regards, Will

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it. I have always thought a TC Barlow would be beyond my means. A Rough Rider is more my speed. It is a nice enough knife, but, you know...

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

Holy cow I've wanted a TC since I first laid eyes on them (in pics). The majority of my Barlow's are Rough Riders. But just recently received some very nice vintage Barlow's. Yes, there should be one in every pocket. Perfect for anything from general utility, to whittling. Thank you for such a generous gaw.

Well jeez, I've told myself that 2017 might be the year that I try to get a TC Barlow so...

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

!!

This knife would be a great user for me at work, home, and out on the road/in the woods. I work at a bike shop doing primarily inventory management and sales (though in my heart I'm still a mechanic first), and I probably pull a traditional knife out of my pocket 20 times a day to break down boxes, open mail, slice food, and perform other small tasks. That peach seed jigging ought to stay nice and grippy even in a greasy environment like the bike shop, and I'd just love to watch that blade evolve with patina.

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

I too do not own a GEC Barlow. I guess I am breaking the rules here because I don't have the required number of posts as mentioned above but I really wanted to enter this. I visit the site frequently but have been reluctant to post anything because I have not felt knowledgeable enough to feel as though I would help anyone with anything. I have been collecting knives for several years and I guess I have burned through the modern folder phase of my collecting. I have recently started to covet the traditional folder, I guess for a couple of reasons. I think I am desiring the nostalgic feel of when I was a boy with my first knives, but also I want some nice traditional folders in my collection that I can pass down to my son one day. After really looking into modern produced traditional folders I have decided to focus my collection on GEC knives. There is something about a barlow that I love but I have hit a wall when it comes to finding a GEC barlow for under $200. I love the knife collection hobby and would love to add one of these to my collection so someday my son will feel as special holding it in his hand as I would. Anyway, I would appreciate your consideration of my request to enter.

Thanks,

Jack

WOW, I was trying to think of how I wanted to explain my own situation and request to still enter without the required amount of posts to the forum and you echo MY EXACT situation Jackus! I've been "lurking" on the forum for a very long time for the main reason that I didnt feel I had the knowledge to add much of anything of worth to most threads. The only thing that got me to finally sign-up was that my main focus of collecting took a complete 180 away from modern folders and into traditionals (mainly GEC). I was lucky enough to score on a purchase of a #15 "Gunscout" Caplifter (thanks StoneBeard) recently which made me the owner of a Great Eastern Cutlery knife FINALLY. Now I think about all of the times I spent money on a $30-$50 modern folder and how I'd trade any 3 of those for most ANY one GEC knife (with the exception of maybe two of my moderns). Anyways, of course as any fan of GEC, I would love a TC barlow in my pocket! Your consideration for my entry would be greatly appreciated!

I wish I could afford one . That is why I don't have one already. :)

Thanks for the giveaway.

Joe

Wow...Just wow...Amazing give away :D. "Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

I do not have a TC and this would fit into my collection as I do have a #77 Barlow from the most recent run with a similar clip point. I would use this knife in honest daily use. I wouldn't abuse it and I definitely would keep it oiled as Charlie states...Such an awesome giveaway and a TC is on my grail list. It always seems they slip through my fingers whether its on the secondary market or the early reserve systems...GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :thumbup:

Im in

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

I dont have a lot of pocket knives but I sure do use them a lot and fairly hard, which is exactly what a barlow is intended for, just love the clip blade too

Thanks for the opportunity John. Please consider me in. I do not currently own a TC.....in fact i do not own any of Charlie's SFO's.

I would plan on daily carry along with my Vic Swiss Alox minichamp and GEC #66 Jack. Daily apple/orange slicer, blister packs, some mail and some food prep for sure.

Again, thanks for your generosity.

Peter

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it." Looking to make this my full time EDC, ive been talking to a lot of people trying to see if i could trade for one, cant dump the money straight up for one at this time, some bills i wasn't expecting came up and also may be selling off some of my scout collection.

I would think I would use this as an edc, looks perfect. The whole GEC/TC thing has me confused. Their Website tend to overwhelm me and I've never actually seen one in person to try out so I tend to stick with what I know a little about, Buck and Case.

We have a winner! Congrats to post 31, jblyttle, sending PM for address.

winner31.jpg

This is one that I would love to own, as many have said it is out of reach for many. I love that fact that I would be compelled to use and carry the knife, as I may otherwise be reluctant. The first thing that I would do is cut an apple with it to make it a user right away and be done with the hand wringing.

Congrats jblyttle! Better pick up some apples ;) Thanks to Chief for the chance and Charlie again for making awesome Barlow's possible.

~Chip

Back