A Gentlemans Spyderco....does it exist

Ogri

Gold Member
I am a traditional slipjoint knife guy usually but I recently bought a Spyderco Pingo that I really like, its pretty basic and has no washers or liners, just the FRN scales bearing on the blade pivot.. I would like to see if there is a spyderco out there which is a bit more upmarket.... It need to be 3.5 inches closed, plain blade, has phosphor bronze bearings that I could use as an office carry withou scaring anyone. I have done a little research but find there are so many spyderco models that its really confusing.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

I am a traditional slipjoint knife guy usually but I recently bought a Spyderco Pingo that I really like, its pretty basic and has no washers or liners, just the FRN scales bearing on the blade pivot.. I would like to see if there is a spyderco out there which is a bit more upmarket.... It need to be 3.5 inches closed, plain blade, has phosphor bronze bearings that I could use as an office carry withou scaring anyone. I have done a little research but find there are so many spyderco models that its really confusing.

Spyderco Kiwi 3s. Or Spyderco Leaf Storm. Spyderco Ikuchi is coming out soon.

Spyderco Kiwi 3s. Or Spyderco Leaf Storm. Spyderco Ikuchi is coming out soon. Spyderco Air is amazing.

Chaparral.

984Dwst.jpg

Had tried to track dowm a spyderco Air, and just missed on on the forum last week. Some high priced ones on the bay of fleas, so put a wanted ad on the forum wanted section, but looks like theyare hard to come by.

Check out the Lil Nilaka. The Sage series is also worth a look. But the Kiwi, Chap and Bradley Air are all good choices.

The Kopas and early kiwis basically fulfilled that role (the original ones with the fancy inlaid handles), but they’re probably hard to find these days.

Though the Brouwer is 4" closed, it makes a statement and the blade shape reminds me of the some of the slip joints; handled one a few times before at the SFO, it can be classy as well as a working tool.

I think I spoke too soon. We don’t have an actual date on the Ikuchi yet. I’m not sure what happened with this knife.

I am dying for an Ikuchi too!
I confirmed BHQ has a listing for it (no pic though), which is much better than when it was first announced and you could only find its existence on here and the Spyderco official forum.

I confirmed BHQ has a listing for it (no pic though), which is much better than when it was first announced and you could only find its existence on here and the Spyderco official forum.

It’d he nice to seee it any anything but s30v.

Back