A Tale of Twin Cowbells

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's not everday you get to make a set of knives for twin brothers. I thought a progress thread might be in order. I'm looking forward to these.

20201025_201931-01.jpeg

It's not everday you get to make a set of knives for twin brothers. I thought a progress thread might be in order. I'm looking forward to these.

20201025_201931-01.jpeg

If you are having fun doubling John you could just make me 2 of the same. :D
I like that handle under those blades :thumbsup:

Cool! :cool: What kind of micarta is that?
It’s a piece by GL Hansen called Idaho Mudwood. If you look on their website now, their samples are a brighter shade. I think John may use more of the center section of this block, depending on how he thinks the color and pattern will work out.

It’s a piece by GL Hansen called Idaho Mudwood. If you look on their website now, their samples are a brighter shade. I think John may use more of the center section of this block, depending on how he thinks the color and pattern will work out.
Awesome! They make some great materials! Can't go wrong with that, I look forward to seeing how they turn out! :cool:

HEY :eek: - that's what I chose too :thumbsup: Can't wait to see it on a knife.

For those that might not know, a "Distal Taper" in the knife world refers to a blade whose thickness tapers from ricasso to tip.

20201117_183745-01.jpeg

For those that might not know, a "Distal Taper" in the knife world refers to a blade whose thickness tapers from ricasso to tip.

20201117_183745-01.jpeg

Last edited:
So, Rupe and I were giving this some thought over a few bourbons this evening.

I posted before that I was born first by 6 minutes, something I could always give him shit about. Mom and dad, by design, named him Don so he came first alphabetically, something he could always gives me shit about. I’m not a smarmy guy. If it takes me longer than 10 seconds to read a birthday card, I move on to the next one.

Anywho John, since you mentioned some etching or something, the idea I had was since special editions are usually numbered 1 of x, then 2 of x, etc, since Don and I carry on sometimes about who’s “first”, how about our initials and both numbered 1 of 2. It works on a couple levels. Thoughts?

Last edited:

I posted before that I was born first by 6 minutes, something I always give him shit about. Mom and dad, by design, named him Don so he came first alphabetically, something he always gives me shit about. I’m not a smarmy guy. If it takes me longer than 10 seconds to read a birthday card, I move on to the next one.

Anywho John, since you mentioned some etching or something, the idea I had was since special editions are usually numbered 1 of x, then 2 of x, etc, since Don and I carry on sometimes about who’s “first”, how about our initials and both numbered 1 of 2. It works on a couple levels. Thoughts?

Good idea, but make sure yours is finished first so you can still give him shit:D

I posted before that I was born first by 6 minutes, something I always give him shit about. Mom and dad, by design, named him Don so he came first alphabetically, something he always gives me shit about. I’m not a smarmy guy. If it takes me longer than 10 seconds to read a birthday card, I move on to the next one.

So I assyoume youz guys is twins? :rolleyes:

So that's a big no to: "If you're not first you're last"? :D

"Initials plus 1 of 2" will be cool let me know what the initials will be and I'll make up some stencils.

Back