A virtual tour of HI in Nepal

Thanks to you both for taking the time and effort to put together and post this wonderful video!

I have been part of this forum for many years, and even though Yangdu and others have posted photo essays of the factories, your video really provides a glimpse into the place that makes the knives we all love.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to watch it again...;)

Great pictures, video and post
Thank you Howard and Red Flower

Nice work Howard. I guess in your first post you made some things clear but it was still hard for some to understand judging from the posts about safety. I guess I am less shocked. I have spent an awful lot of time in countries far less regulated than ours and they seem to be getting along fine but it doesn't mean that the work of Yangdu and Uncle Bill to make things safer are not a good thing. Just means it is a harder sell. Heck, I don't always do things all that OSHA quality in my home shop either. ;)

thanks. ive been looking for something like this for ages:)
now we dont have to look at those "other" pages enny more:p
i think HI needed a video like this to show how thing are done:)
tanks again:)

Thanks Howard , it is like a sonogram of Khuks in the making and adds the appreciation of HI products when you see who makes them and how (under what conditions) they are made.

I wonder how many we saw there now live with Warty?

Howard,
Thank you very much to both you and Red Flower. It's almost as good as being there and sharing the experience in person. A wonderful documentary of the kamis and shops.:thumbup:
Berk

Thank you so much for the view into the making of our fantastic knives. What was the time frame for this filming? If it was recently, that could've been my M43 Tirtha was handling. Nice to think about anyway. Thanks again.

Thanks for the video.

If you have any more info about the HUGE Khukuri that you are holding I would love to hear about it.

Thanks again, Greg.

...If you have any more info about the HUGE Khukuri that you are holding I would love to hear about it...

Not much additional information. I think it's too heavy to be practical for much. I believe Kami Sherpa keeps it around as a tour-de-force showpiece of what BirGorkha can do.

Not much additional information. I think it's too heavy to be practical for much. I believe Kami Sherpa keeps it around as a tour-de-force showpiece of what BirGorkha can do.

Seems like it would be similar to working a 5lb maul. Fun times! :D

Awesome!

I grew up abroad, so maybe it's just me, but that pretty much looked like every tool type shop I've seen anywhere outside the US. Even when I was living in Spain a couple of years ago I could tell they weren't quite so paranoid about personal safety. Fine by me, you should see how dangerously I work in my shop, and the most deadly things we handle are probably the industrial sewing machines and the occasional titanium foil sheeting, regardless, I'm sure I manage to hurt myself way more often than the guys in Nepal. =\

So was that an M43 in the "Handling" video? I gotta have one.

What about that engraving work? That seems much more elaborate than any I've seen so far, looked great.

I've got an idea for a custom.. =\

This place is going to break me.

The working conditions aren't shocking to me, but it's good to see the people behind the great blades. Thanks for posting this up.

Back